I can't take it anymore

Preface. I am not suicidal.

I just wish this life was over. I’m overwhelmed and sad and frustrated. I think back over my life and I don’t know what is true or a lie my brain tells me. I feel like I have no one who understands. And if I say something I’m scared people will think I’m just looking for pity.

I just give up.

2 Likes

How old are you @FatMama ? Because it’s normal to start thinking about the end of life after your kids are grown and things settle down. It does not have to be sad thinking. It’s all about the natural cycle of life.

1 Like

I feel the same too, since having sz.

3 Likes

I call it subclinical depression for me, its like between depression and normal, negative symptoms.

2 Likes

maybe you’re just tired.
My mother used to nap on the couch in the middle of the afternoon.
I used to wonder,
but no, everything was fine.

3 Likes

I wish I knew what to say. I do know that we all care so much for you here and are glad you are on the forums. You’re so important. I’m so sorry that you are struggling. I’m thinking of you and praying for you to find peace.

2 Likes

i go between ending my life.depression,depreonalisation,trangender.im a half girl half man.half relegoius half agnostic.im a wuss.weak pathetic human being.i know no one gives a ■■■■ but i just felt like saying it.

1 Like

I’m 52. Once my youngest daughter who is 17 becomes an adult and moves out I’ll be alone. I’m from a long line of age 90+.

1 Like

Oh. So you have probably lived only half your life! It’s time to start making plans.

1 Like

I think you are having an identity crisis…now that you aren’t looking after your daughter anymore you feel empty I bet…am I right? you need hope…a new hobby…a new painting in your life…pretty flowers, a sunset or sunrise…what gives you hope…? If you have even a small answer of hope you can build on that and I will help you…PM me if you want to talk…I am here for you.

4 Likes

best wishes fatmama

1 Like

sorry to hear you feeling like this @FatMama =(
I hope you manage to feel better soon…

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear that.

I hope things will be manageable. I wish you the best Fatmama

2 Likes

This could be a midlife crisis of sorts. Try to find new things to do and enjoy that don’t revolve around taking care of your daughter.

3 Likes

A lot of us are in tough shape being lonesome… it’s natural now…

Big Tech (Facebook - for the biggest culprit) is making humankind more lonely, the second prong of this ‘messed up fork’ is the virus, which is changing us as well… we may never stamp it out all the way, you know?

I’m lonely myself. I think knowing you a little you will bounce back… I hear you though if life had a painless off switch I’d probably have been dead somewhere around age 12… not really meant to be so funny, either.

1 Like

huh? I believe maybe you’ve never had a child?

I find breaking stigma very empowering.

1 Like

I have kids. My 20 year old moved out. Because I miss her, I try to find new things to do that occupy me instead of taking care of her isn’t part of my life anymore

2 Likes

@Daze, @FatMama , my whole adult life I have been a mom. I love being a mom. I love my kids. But they don’t need me as much anymore. That’s something of an identity crisis in my middle aged life. So it’s important to find me again, outside of taking care of kids. I look forward to being a grandma eventually, but the kids aren’t ready to be parents yet. So in the meantime I need to occupy myself with other things to have purpose in life

5 Likes

I don’t have any passion. I don’t know what to do

3 Likes

Aren’t you passionate about foods and cooking? I just rediscovered pub cheese or wine cheese.

My folks used to have it when I was like four years old. Partially forgot to ever bring it up.

Food can be sensuous and a theme is always out there in life of being shy to state what you want.

I think I was embarrassed into this blind spot. Now I have it a lot.

1 Like