I cannot make eye contact

by “cannot” i mean it is a inability , i cannot catch their “gaze” towards me and neither i can throw back my “gaze” back to them , like return my “feedback” to them, i found it extremly annoying and disappointing, do anyone have the same problem also?

1 Like

I don’t make eye contract either. :motorcycle::motorcycle::motorcycle:

u dun make but u can make , right?but i can’t even though i want

1 Like

does anyone think that this is related to a person’s mental states/condition?

Hello @schizophrenick . I remember you said you know Chinese characters.
I am looking for books to study Chinese characters( traditional and/or simplified) that use a font
similar to SimSun/Source Han Serif.
Do you have any recommendations? Or if you can’t help whom should I approach?

i dun undrstand what u mean “SimSun/Source Han Serif.”, we seldom focus on the fonts of the words, fonts doesn’t matter , the words shapes are just the same to me, u can look into some books that specialized on brush then if u want to learn about fonts because that’s where the font matters in traditional chinese.

Ok @schizophrenick. Your answer did not help me much but thank you for your reply.

1 Like

Uuuh not to be that guy, but I don’t think quotation marks have the function you think they do.

But yes, I share your struggle. Eyecontact is a learned skill for me, and I still find it intrusive and uncomfortable.

1 Like

I find it hard now. Before my last two episodes it was not a problem for me.

1 Like

I can’t since having schizophrenia :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I think it has to do with apathy and lack of empathy.

1 Like

I can’t look people in the eyes either. I have absolutely no idea why.

3 Likes

didn’t it bother u ?

i feel it very brothering, i think could it be infection or sth in eyes /nerves, but do u try to look into the eyes but u find u cannot?

1 Like

It’s not an infection. Maybe I’m just afraid of liking people.

1 Like

u said u have starbismus before, did u have it before or after ur psychotic break?

Sometimes I’m too afraid to make eye contact with people because they could read my mind.

Other times its because it’s distracting to me and I lose focus on what I want to say.

Other times its shyness

But mostly it’s distracting

2 Likes

Yeah it is like this with some people sometimes for me …

1 Like

Always had strabismus. Things that I have no control over don’t really bother me.

1 Like

Perhaps it is the feeling of being unable to viewed as a person of compassion. A gaze can become a glare when it is difficult to feel trust or when fear, rage, and envy are felt by both parties involved in such glares. I do not think you are a bad person, remember there are things you CAN control about yourself. Physically, mentally, and then some. What I do is avert my eyes, walk as if I am dreaming, however, I am awake and aware. It is not those who would want to be seen then to offend me I notice. It is those who see nothing of worth in themselves but worth in all that is natural around us.