I can’t burn enough calories

I excercise and all I burned is 137 calories

3 Likes

A 30 minute workout doesn’t burn a whole lot of calories, that’s why dieting is essential and imperative when trying to lose weight. I know this because I’ve done it and read about it. But you also burn calories naturally throughout the day, even if you just sit down all day. So when trying to lose weight, every calorie is important. Thats part of the reason I don’t do cheat days, because I believe every calorie is essential to lose weight.

2 Likes

I did it in 25 minutes but think I need to do more.

1 Like

And sometimes its not the length you spend working out, but the physical exertion. I can do 30 minutes of bench press with hardly any sweat, but try do that with running stairs with 35 pound kettlebells, and it’s a vastly different story.

2 Likes

But exercise kicks in your metabolism. So you continue burning calories for the day you exercise so it’s really more than 135

4 Likes

That’s true too , I think I’ll increase to 30 minutes and do it in the morning than evening

1 Like

In college I would do a cardio workout first thing in the morning and then again in the afternoon. I got really thin doing that. But I don’t have the energy to work out twice a day anymore. So I do cardio once a day, five days a week, and weights 3 times a week

1 Like

Increase intensity, pump the heart more, higher bpm.

3 Likes

I don’t have weights but I’ve just started with cardio. I’ll do that until I can get to gym after this lockdown ends

2 Likes

Gender, height, weight & age factor into how many calories you burn. High exertion level during physical activity will increase your heart rate in beats per minute and therefore you sweat.

Were you sweating when doing your exercise?

2 Likes

Thats pretty good, the rest will pass through and you are turning fat in to muscle, being fitter will make you live longer for sure x

1 Like

I sweat like crazy

Do you have fitness tracker to monitor your heart rate?

My heart rate wasn’t good if was going from 120 to 150 but I’ll work on it. I don’t have a tracker it’s inbuilt to the bike

Built into the stationary bike? Or are you referring the metal grips on the bike handle bars that read your pulse from time to time?

1 Like

Yes that’s it j might borrow my mums tracker

1 Like

That’s a great idea. You want to track your heart beat throughout the work out

My understanding is that exercise not only burns calories but also helps with appetite control.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.