I burned 214 calories walking 25 minutes

Then I came home and ate around 300 calories. Drank around 64 ounces of water. I started sweating. Seems something realistic that I can do everyday.

I take in about 2000 calories a day. To maintain my weight I have to eat around 2800 calories. Everything is going great. Can’t complain.

https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

10 Likes

That’s great to hear :clap:t2:
I’m also watching what I eat and getting regular exercise (biking).
I hope to see the weight dropping soon enough.

3 Likes

Sounds good @wayward. We can do it. It will all work out.

1 Like

Here’s a record of my last 3 days of jogging/running.

3 Likes

Looks good man. I was thinking walking another 25 minutes later today.

2 Likes

Do you have a wearable fitness tracker or do you have a treadmill to track your time & calories burned?

1 Like

No. If the numbers are semi-accurate I’m happy with that.

1 Like

@anon35453467 if I walk 50 minutes a day what would be my activity level? Low active or moderately active?

1 Like

It’s not just the time but the distance traveled and the speed you are walking at. Putting the time in is great if done on a daily basis.

2 Likes

I walk probably 3-4 miles per hour. Not exactly sure though.

1 Like

That’s converted to 4-6km… Also, there’s your heart rate zone and how long you’ve been in the zone.

Steps is becoming the more moderate measure of daily fitness.

10,000 steps = 8km (ideal) /5 miles
7,500 steps = 6km (above average)
5,000 steps = 4km (average)

2 Likes

I’ve been walking some more.
I track my steps with my iPhone .

You can buy an inexpensive tracker or use your phone with APPs.

3 Likes

Yeah I was thinking about getting a step tracker. I don’t have a smart phone.

1 Like

Trust me, it’s worth it.

1 Like

I just returned from another 25 minute walk. Life is good.

2 Likes

My focus and attention was great while watching a soccer game. The walking must have helped.

1 Like

I walked 25mins today as well, i left my car in a free parking zone further away so i also saved money, i think cutting meat and eating lots more veg has made me lose weight as well, i am thinner now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t realise you can burn so many calories from walking 25 minutes…that makes me feel pretty good.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that either. I’m not sure it’s 100% accurate. If it’s atleast 150 calories I’d be happy.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on how fast u walk as well, I’m quite slow so probably burn much less…but anyways something is better than nothing. Moving itself is healthy regardless of speed, good for the immune system I reckon.

2 Likes