I bet some of the unusual bielefs is closer to the truth than what is an official statemnet of what sz is

What is making your belief atheistic about scizophrenia?

I have unusual beliefs coming out of my ears. But as I said to @pansdisease, why canā€™t it be BOTH physical and spiritual?

If you believe thereā€™s a spiritual component to it, then whatā€™s wrong with believing that thereā€™s also a physical component to it.

Some of my unusual beliefs may be true, who knows? But even if they are, at the best theyā€™re neutral for me. The more spiritual ones have been actually very harmful to me.

I canā€™t know the truth of them. What I can know is that theyā€™re unhealthy and get in the way of me living my life fully.

Itā€™s an illness. Itā€™s treatable. Thatā€™s all I concern myself with. The people who go around labeling themselves as somehow ā€˜enhancedā€™ because of being SZ never seem to have happy endings. Or much happy before their endings, either.

2 Likes

I get skeptical (when clear-minded) because different people with SZ have different ā€œspiritualā€ or supernatural experiences. If there was something legit to it then we would all have the same types of experiences, but we donā€™t.

1 Like

If I had choice between having my enlightened psychotic experiences or never having them and just being productive in the real world Iā€™d take the real world productivity

3 Likes

Yea this is no super power. Even if the crap i see is true id rather go to work. Plus the meds suck right now i mean they work for some but the negatives are horrible withdrawing from thems horrible starting a new ones horrible. But have no other options i cant do this on my own and this is what works for alot of people.

I love this quote by levelJ1ā€¦

ā€¦and also this by pixel.

1 Like