I am a social animal

i am, even though i spend the majority of my time alone. i have 1 friend who i haven’t talked to since covid, just a couple emails here and there, but i visit a lot with family. and when i go to my nurse’s office to get my meds, i make small talk for a few minutes. i have the perfect situation right now, where i can visit with mom and dad when i get lonely and come home when i want. but when they leave me home alone for days on end, i have trouble and sometimes start to drink to pass the time. i don’t even like to be drunk but never learn my lesson. im worried about the next time they leave me, if i was working a job, it would take care of the problem. i guess the old saying idle hands are the devils playground is accurate for me.

3 Likes

I bet you have the winter blues too.

At least we got sunshine today.

1 Like

yeah it just got sunny about 2 hours ago. i’ve spent a good amount of the day sitting on the porch with my beanie on to keep my ears warm.

2 Likes

Your best self might be. But your current self is the way it is. Why feel bad over what you aren’t? Isn’t it kind of a waste of energy.

This is somewhat defeatist, but it may be productive to feel at least a little bad, to motivate you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.