How to deal with emotional pain?

I go through phases of feeling okay then massive pain in my heart of PTSD, emotional pain, stress, sadness, and grief. For no reason, other than I have SCZ.

My therapist is teaching me to ride the storm, find a patch to cover the roller coaster until I feel better but I’m not feeling my best. I can’t find happiness and joy while I have a great life. I think it’s time I try a new anti-depressant?

What do you tell yourself when life looks so dull in your eyes.

1 Like

Yes I think I need new antidepressants myself been on seroxat almost twenty years and it’s not doing much now
I find trying to occupy yourself helps to deal with negative thoughts it is hard
Maybe you could talk to your CPN
I myself am going to wait and see if I improve before I contact my nurse but I know I can call her if need be

1 Like

Hey @mermaid1, how are you?
I’m so used to life being a roller coaster I quit trying to fight it. Thankfully my mind forgets a lot and allows me not to dwell on things

im not sure i have the solution to it… one thing i try to do is stay active in some way, thats a big one for me. i fee best when im doing chores or waking or something and if ive been in a fog for a day or two and things are difficult, i have a coffee, get moving and often feel better.

With PTSD the way I finally started getting better is by putting the past down. It was too heavy to carry anymore so I put it down, but it’s hard to get to that point and a lot of work and healing goes on before you get there. As for the general emotional pain, stress, sadness and grief that you have just from being sz I know it’s hard. Anti-depressants definitely help, I don’t know what I would do without my Cymbalta. Well actually yes I do, I would lie in bed all day, withdraw from others almost completely, have changes in my appetite, be mentally tortured and suffer, think of killing myself and on and on it goes. My advice is to get a better anti-depressant and then start tackling the other issues if they are still issues once you feel better.

1 Like

Sometimes I have feelings I don’t want to feel. So I run around doing anything to not feel my stuff.

My belief is that feelings are my friend becase they give me information I need to go about a good life. My belief is that feelings will not kill me.

Therefore I sit in a comfortable chair and say to myself I’m going to feel my feeling for 30 to 90 seconds. When I do that it usually halves the pain with which I’ve been walking around.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this thread! I usually look at the meme thread, look up pictures/videos of dogs, cats, even a pet racoon. The Try Guys is a great YouTube comedy channel.

I get very depressed and my voices basically never stop.

I also read books about saints.

Books of costume through the ages are helpful, so is art.

Thank you again for your post.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.