How to combat depression

I’ve had depression most of my life. Anyone going through depression right now? How do you cope? I take naps. I’m trying to stay away from caffeine. Idk it’s overwhelming.

5 Likes

Yes, I suffer from depression. I do self-talk about not being so hard on myself. And I nap, too.

4 Likes

My Mom uses a seasonal affective disorder lamp for her depression

Hope you feel better soon

2 Likes

Nature and walks always make a difference for me. I love feeling the warmth of the sun and seeing all the plants and animals going about their business. Brightens my day right up.

4 Likes

I try to go cycling but I’ve given up on that.

1 Like

I need to get out more . Med change. I’ve even started eating healthier cos I’m ■■■■■■■ fat.

3 Likes

I’m depressed right now . I usually read but if I can’t then music. And hubby company. And nature yes is soothing

2 Likes

Good ideas. Hope you get to feeling better h.

I just want to sleep :zzz: so I’m not awake.

4 Likes

Compared to the depression I used to have, I have only residual symptoms, in the form of cognitive impairment and apathy. The apathy means I rarely have anything interesting on my mind, but I pass my time walking, listening to music, reading, and writing in my diary (usually comments about things happening during the day). Also I’m a little active on a few sites on the Internet, including this forum.

-Albert.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.