Dealing with depression

So I woke up really depressed today, the stuff that normally helps isn’t helping at all.
Music isn’t helping, can’t focus enough to read and even the forum looks depressing today.

What do you guys suggest I do to overcome this terrible feeling of emptiness?

1 Like

I had awful bouts of depression in my 20’s. The only advice I have for you is take it easy, relax, watch the tv, and don’t get stressed. You are a patient now. Take it easy. I found tv to be a great companion when I was depressed.

1 Like

Thanks, I might do that. Although there’s nothing on that really cheers me up.

1 Like

a wise doctor, told me when i was in the grips of despair, he simply said ‘‘you won’t always feel that way, don’t give up on hope’’

he was 100% right, because the depression lifted and i felt well again

5 Likes

Do you wanna go out a little bit instead of sitting at home? Some sort of activity?

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna do that, a walk on the woods always helps

3 Likes

Maybe you can also take some pictures of your neighbourhood and share with us :grinning:

2 Likes

other advise from a wise doctor, he said to me, ‘‘learn to ride the waves’’ in a methporical sense

2 Likes

Cool. I said that to myself before and I agree with it.

Will do that :smile:

@san_pedro Good advices, really!

1 Like

i am taking anti depressants 15 years, seroxat 40 mg every morning, the ssri’s work imo, takes time though…

@Minnii do you take ssri’s

Nope. Didn’t feel I needed them.

I was really depressed a couple weeks ago. Doctor added cymbalta on top of my Wellbutrin. It’s working.

1 Like

@Minnii if your suffering with depression more than two weeks, ssri’s would be worth looking into, they really do work, ive no depression 5 years now, they really helped me feel very well every day

1 Like

What I learned…living with annoying mood changes… Is, and I always have to remind myself, no matter how bad you feel today, or even tomorrow, or this week, it is going to change, and when it changes, you will look back and ask yourself how come you didn’t know it, because you would suffer less.

3 Likes

Yeah I know that… I’m just tired of it that’s all I guess

1 Like

It shall pass @Minnii - I hope that you feel less depressed.

Pamper yourself and distract yourself with walks, good music, tasty foods etc…

Dont forget to talk to your pdoc if things get out of hand.

2 Likes

Thanks @Wave , first I’m going to force myself to take a shower than I’m gonna go for a walk

2 Likes

also its ok not too feel ok, ive learnt not to feel any guilt for the feelings i went through

2 Likes

im going roulette now and free bingo, hopefully i win some money

1 Like