How Often Do You Feed Your Cat(s)?

I give mine wet food morning and night, supplemented with dry kibble.

Is this the right way to feed them?

5 Likes

Twice a day is good. As they got older I’d feed them wet occasionally at afternoon. All’s I know is that twice a day is good and they are smart critters. I’d feed them in the mornings and they’d back up to con my mother to feed them again!

10 Likes

what’s up, Patrick? Sheri, here.

I kinda do and do not miss our strays.

I think the neighbors had them taken away, not sure.

3 Likes

Hey Sheri!

Had a really hectic April. My daughter had her gall bladder removed with complications…thought I might lose her there for a spell.

Then the stress sent my bipolar wife to the psychiatric ward for a week.

Somehow I managed to keep it all together without cracking. Just now keeping my fingers crossed for both of them that there are no relapses.

5 Likes

Phil was always real good to mama cat.

we watched her move her kittens from one neighbors house
to our back house bush/vine.

we pretty much fed them slop, or sometimes real cat food.
it’s what my grandmother did too, animals on the farm.

5 Likes

wow, Patrick. she’s so young, why did that happen?

you just never know do ya.

didn’t know your wife has a mental ailment.
good for you for holding it together,
but it’s okay if you need to recharge after that.

5 Likes

The doctor said he’d never seen that many stones in a person her age.

One gall stone was the size of a fifty cent piece…embedded into the bladder.

Both of my daughter’s grandmothers had their gall bladders removed, so there may be a genetic predisposition going on…who knows?

4 Likes

ohhh, thank God for modern medicine.
that must have been very painful for her.

hope she is recovering okay.
I don’t even know if I could locate the gall bladder on the map, ha.

4 Likes

Fortunately, the gall bladder, tonsils and appendix can be removed…leftover parts from when we were developing as cavemen I suppose.

4 Likes

and annoids, whatever those are, my daughter had them removed at age 5. God bless your daughter. yeah, maybe genetic.

4 Likes

their bowl has all the time food ,in case anyone wonders y cats are not fat.

1 Like

Ugh it’s complicated

Used to give Don Juan one can of fancy feast over a course of 3 meals. And a bowl of dry food whenever he wants.

Since I moved in back in with my parents they have another cat who you cant leave bowls out for. So they get 1/2 cat of fancy feast 3x a day. And dry food occasionally too.

2 Likes

My cats all nibbled throughout the day. I just put the food in each of their bowls. I trained them to only eat out of their own bowls. Anyway, they would nibble at their food all day long. I had one cat who was allergic to chicken. I had to feed him limited ingredient diet food. I treated them with wet food about twice a week. I know that’s not much but I didn’t have the money to feed them wet food everyday.

1 Like

My cat is a Nibbler to. I just feed her a full bowl once a day, and she eats it as she wants. If she runs out, she’s sure to let me know

She gets all kinds of snacks and treats through the day as well. She’s got it pretty good

4 Likes

My issue is these two new cats almost inhale their food in 10 seconds flat…like either of them haven’t eaten in weeks.

If I put out ‘nibble food’ all day, they’d surely eat themselves into being sick.

So i ration out their wet food morning and night…occasionally giving them dry kibble during the afternoon.

3 Likes

You’re doing the right thing @anon39054230. You have to do what’s best for your cats. Not all cats are the same. All I see is a guy who takes care of his animals based on their personal needs. That’s a great thing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon39054230 i think a mix of wet snd dry food is the best way to go. I don’t have a cat but I have a dog. She is fed twice a day. She has wet food in the morning and kibble in the evening.

2 Likes

I have 4 cats I feed them half a cup each

1 Like

Our cats are rescue cats, so they come underfed. We let them eat as much they want. So we don’t restrict their food intake unless they get overweight.

2 Likes

I feed Jimmy a big chunk of wet food every morning, and he has unlimited dry food he can munch on throughout the day.

He’s a little big, but very healthy and happy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes