How many times have u relapse

HI guys i am just wondering the relapse rates in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.
So the question is how many time have u had psychosis relapse and how did it occur (Drugs, Stress)
any help would be appreciated thanks yoou

5 times in hospital throughout a 10 year period , in remission 6 years feeling better than ever

3times. Every time under extreme stress+no support. First and second time I also put my meds away. Third time I was working around 70hrs per week, did very mixed up shifts pattern (days/nights) and was severely sleep deprived. On the top of it I was alone in a new country, no family, no close friends. Every time I also didn’t limit my alcohol consumption. Generally didn’t look after myself at all. Now I haven’t had any relapse for the last 5yrs. I look after myself (healthy diet, 7/8hrs sleep, exercise, almost none alcohol). I can’t avoid stress but have learnt more how to manage it. Ask for support openly when I need it. Managing my symptoms if there are any using rationalization and taking a step back. Always in this kind of situations I am overloaded. Most of the time feel great, only recently started to feel worse, but thanks for you guys on this forum I feel back myself again. Btw. THANK YOU…

Ps. I NEVER use drugs now. While in the past I occasionally smoked weed…

At least 15 times, 6 times leading to hospitalization. Alcohol and weed were big contributors. Losing my job and girlfriend also didn’t help. I’m coming up on four years since my diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder.

None. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago.

I was diagnosed in the summer of 2014. I haven’t yet relapsed.

Because of stress a few times, once very badly. After that, I started on mood stabilizers, which almost entirely buffer the stress from causing psychosis. The last month hasn’t been a good one. Because of a change in insurance coverage and now getting the drugs through the mail, I went four weeks without Lithium. Just started again yesterday. I didn’t realize how bad things had gotten till just two hours after I took just the first pill. A little bit of post-psychotic depression now. Rambling . . .

1 Like

Oh, and because of not taking the medicine . . . I don’t want to count.

it’s gotta remit before you can relapse…

the freak show of dumb-asses continues (in my mind)

I think s/he was implying remission of symptoms.

when I was a younger and angry man… didn’t trust my family… my docs… did drugs and drank heavily… I was in and out of hospital a lot.

when I finally started taking the meds seriously… and listening to my doc… I’ve only had two really big relapses after that.

The last one was about three years ago when my meds got switched up a bit…

There are some bad days… some hard weeks of numb flatness… but these days… the glitches don’t seem as long and completely out of control like they used to.

2 times. First one was heavier then the second one.

Yep, you said it. I had one major relapse due to drugs, unemployment and stress. I was diagnosed in 1980 and I spent the next 2 1/2 years suffering in hospitals and group homes. In 1983 I got out of the hospital and moved in to a nice group home. After about 9 months there I became pretty stable and my symptoms were pretty much under control. I figured I would never be hospitalized again but in 1986 I got addicted to crack and smoked it reguarlly.

In 1988 I was unemployed with nothing to do all day and the drug using life wore me down and I relapsed and was hospitalized 3 or 4 different times in rapid succession. I recovered from my relapse in about a year, got clean in 1990 became stable and stayed out of the hospital until about 5 months ago. So I went 25 years without being hospitalized. I didn’t go back in for psychosis but I was feeling suicidal so I went in for two days.

I’ve relapsed a few times, some because I was stressed others because I didn’t take my meds for various reasons, I have schizoaffective disorder.

It’s pretty much an annual thing for me. Due to stress.