How many time did you relapse?

how many times did you relapse? are they with the same symptoms?

1 Like

I havent relapsed since two years

2 Likes

first time patient has the opportunity to quit the meds. congrats!

1 Like

Once, and that was the worst one cos basically everyone was talking about me everywhere and I had some really stupid voices in my head.

2 Likes

I think about 6? But now I’m on meds that actually work, so hopefully not anymore for a really long time, if at all.

I’ve not been in hospital for 2 years now!

3 Likes

It’s hard to put an actual number on it. I was always going back and forth, living a weird double life. I could act normal enough around people and know that I was probably hallucinating, but that insight almost made it worse for me.
Periods of relative stability just blended into periods of psychosis and there was a constant struggle to try to keep one foot in some semblance of reality.
Sometimes I’d be fine during the day and the minute I got home be hiding by the window arguing with the voices.

5 Likes

I’ve relapsed and ended up in the psych hospital so many times that I’ve lost count long, long ago. Usually for suicidal ideation with plans. I’ve also been hospitalized for psychosis quite a few times too. A few times for mania. And once for acute anxiety. I haven’t been hospitalized for 2 and a half years now.

I’ve lost count. :worried:

2 Likes

Once. It was terrible but totally different from my first break.

3 Likes

I relapsed once and that was almost 11 months ago. I was functioning good but I had gained almost 30lbs because of the medication so I started going to the gym regularly and had a nice little routine going and eventually I landed a job and was working almost 60 hours a week and constantly walking at the job and decided that I didn’t need the medications because I started feeling and functioning better.

So I slimmed down, build up financially and was doing really good until I quit my job and eventually the psychosis creeped up very slowly and I eventually lost touch with reality and started hearing voices again. It got so bad that I eventually flipped and totaled my car and made it out alive with only a scratch.

My sister eventually got me baker acted again and I was locked up for almost a week and I’m hoping it’s going to be the last time. Been stable for almost 11 months so far.

2 Likes

Unrelated note*

Relapse rearranged spells Pleaser. :heavy_check_mark:

I have had no psychosis in 8 years but couple of mood episodes (I think whatever it was )

2 Likes

@anon80629714 Are you on medication?

2 Likes

I really don’t know how many times I relapsed. I cite 2012 as the time when I relapsed and my remission went away, but since then there were many mini relapses.

1 Like

I relapsed many times on seroquel. But I’ve been ok since I went on abilify (no relapse yet for 4 years). It could just be about getting the right meds for you. Everybody reacts differently to every med. It’s personal trial and error.

I have been hospitalized four times but I have had relapses more often than that. I have managed to stay out of hospitals since 2012 so I am on a streak of good luck and am med compliant.

Have had a few episodes and some hallucinations but I really feel it’s the suicidal ideation that puts it over the top for relapse. It’s been about a year in a half since I was suicidal last. That’s a long streak for me and I hope it continues. I was once suicidal for a month straight and didn’t tell anybody. Stayed out of the hospital though. That was very tough. Without Lunesta I wouldn’t have made it. Wouldn’t have been able to sleep.

1 Like

Yes I am on an antipsychotic and a mood stabaliser, and I have made attempts to get of the antipsychotic but each time got this really weird anxiety episodes or mood episodes but no psychosis.

I don’t know what an accurate count is, considering I don’t remember how many well periods I had as a teenager.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.