How do your voices sound

like besides what they say, are they normal voices like normal people or they they scary sounding voices. My voices sound like normal people though they are very mean, their voice is a pleasant voices but they hate me…

2 Likes

For me it depends. Given I am stable, the character voices sound more like my inner voice, the normal personal thoughts voice. Given I am psychotic, they sound more like distinct people. They also speak different languages at different times, whichever language delivers the idea more concise. That is because I speak several languages.

In my case I hear my characters like my own thoughts but which I can’t control.

My schizophrenic mother swears that her characters always have unique and elaborate voices each, at all times.

2 Likes

Like a 20 something woman. I call her “vicky”. Talks to me like im a ruddy baby. Only turns up when ive smoked the green, or the jabs wearing off.

1 Like

Mine are usually whispers hard to tell if male or female most of the time. Sometimes incoherent but they.mostly call me names

1 Like

Damn, I wish it was so simple for me. I rejected all forms of intoxication prior to schizophrenia, but still got ruined.

2 Likes

Believe me its not so simple when you hear “her” at 2am in the morning when your in bed. It was some therapy i read years ago, to name them - its supposed to make it easier to ignore.

1 Like

Only turns up when ive smoked the green

That’s the part that seems easy to control to me. I understand that there is probably more to it.

My main character is female too. Just a few weeks ago she woke me up at around 0300 AM and urged to go do some stuff. In the span of 2015-2019 I heard her every fifteen minutes and we had really long conversations.

2 Likes

Sorry, i see what you mean. I used to get lonely at times and purposly smoke the stuff so i had some company. Never was a good idea, cos i just went down the rabbit hole and got delusions from hearing her.

1 Like

The voices normally sound like my inner thoughts except when they manafest threw sounds or a source like the radio or coffee pot. N I know it’s just in my thoughts, the man in the mirror has tried to help me learn the difference between what my inner voice and his voice sounds n feels like inside my head.

2 Likes

Recently, I actually managed to suppress voices, given that I understand that they are ultimately my own thoughts. However unfortunately even with this understanding, there always comes a point when I can’t shrug off, shut them down, or suppress them, no matter what kind of grounding trick I apply.

My voices too rationalize this detail. The Man-in-the-mirror you mentioned sounds entirely relatable to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.