How do you stay out of bed after you get up?

I always lay down because i feel not just a physical fatigue but my mind feels cluttered and wants to shut off for 20 minutes a few times (many times) a day.

Im sick of it though. Im trying to stay involved with things. Cardio, push ups to start fighting the physical fatigue, and i just downloaded a pdf of a textbook for auto mechanics that you’d find in a trade school in order to try and keep my mind engaged.

Idk though, i just get depressing thoughts/overthink it and say “whats the point?”.

How can i stop being pessimistic and lazy?

2 Likes

First I need enough energy to get out of bed so I take 400 mg modafinil and drink a shake with 150 mg caffeine. Once I’m up I then need some motivation so I have a video game I play. I also watch the stock market and that keeps me busy. Also helping take care of my son keeps me on my toes

2 Likes

It used to be coca cola up to this day. But from tomorrow I will try get more Structure by going gym a few times per week

1 Like

I usually spend my days outside of the bedroom, in the living room. Sometimes I fall asleep on the couch in the living room though, but it’s uncomfortable and I always wake up after a few hours.

I have insomnia which usually keeps me awake until my body is ready to go to sleep usually 12-16 hours after waking up.

1 Like

If I don’t take a stim I would sleep all day. When I do the vacations, I’m back and forth from the bed to the living room. I haven’t been able to exercise or do any kind of house work without taking at least one pill.

2 Likes

During the school year it’s school & work. Even then, some mornings take every ounce of my willpower to get out the front door. Sometimes even then it’s not enough haha…like last year I got stuck on the bathroom floor for 2 hours & missed my morning class. I have to laugh about it now because…well idk what else to do. ;p I just remember thinking “what a s****y place to spend the morning.”

Long story short, I dunno…I think what you’re currently doing sounds like the right track. Maybe just amp it up a bit so that you have more (but not a stressful amount) of an external schedule. Have you considered actually taking an auto mechanics class? I know it can be expensive though…

I do spend most of my day in bed but I get my work done in bed. I go to school online full time so I’m studying all day. Not exactly the answer you wanted but it works for me.

1 Like

I don’t stay out of bed during the day. I really don’t feel bad about it either.

Sleeping during the day is exactly my problem for about 2 or 3 months now. I lay in bed or on the sofa for hours every day when I am home. Today (Sunday) I laid down for 4.5 hours. Also, I too must use almost every ounce of effort to get out of bed in the morning (like for work or for an appointment).
For me this is distressing. Aren’t there plenty of things I could be doing? Have I completely given up on life? How long must I go on like this?
Every once in a while I do find enough to keep busy, but not often.
In addition, I am not finding satisfaction with my work Monday through Thursday. But at least it keeps me out of bed.
It is bad enough that I wish I would die. But I don’t feel like I am anywhere near suicide.

3 Likes

Honestly, for me, nicotine and caffeine keep me going throughout the day. Small doses however.

When I get up out of bed, the first thing I usually do is take my meds and eat breakfast. Then, I pray. Then, I clean up. all of these activities keep me awake.

3 Likes

I tried modafinil, it gives me hypertension Everytime I try it, feels like my head’s going to explode. So I opt for caffeine at this time

This morning I woke up at 6 but layed down for a few more minutes. Next thing I know it’s 8:45 and I have to go into work at 9 and I haven’t gotten ready. I flew to my job and only clocked in 7 minutes late. I could really use some advice on waking up as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.