Schizophrenia.com

Getting Out of Bed in the Morning

Lately I’ve been having a really difficult time getting out of bed in the morning. Part of the problem is my med, Saphris is so sedating. The other part is this depression is weighing on me. What’s the point? When I do bother to set the alarm, I hit the snooze for 2 hours or just ignore it and let it buzz. I’ve tried setting it across the room, but honestly the noise doesn’t faze me. I’m starting to miss appointments. But once I do finally get up I stay up the rest of the day which is good. Its not that I need caffeine to jump start me, it more like I need someone to shake the bed or something. Does anybody have any tips for getting out of bed? I’m going to talk to my pdoc about Provigil because I’m sleeping 14+hours a night.

i still have trouble getting out of bed now and it’s been a week and a half since my med reduction. i know how you feel. my house is a tip and i just haven’t got the motivation to do anything but lay in bed. it doesn’t help that i sleep walk. that makes me tired aswell as the meds. i seem to have spent last night destroying an iphone, and opening both entrances to my house. god knows how long i stayed up for. but today was a complete write off in terms of getting out of bed. i only got up to eat and take the dogs to the woods.

hello I sleep at least twelve hours a night and sometimes more. I feel bad about how much I sleep too. however, if you do not have to work I would not be so hard on yourself. I have just come to accept how much I have to sleep. People sometimes try to tell me how I should not sleep that much but I know that I need to for my health. My meds sedate me and make me sleep that long and if I try to get out of bed with out twelve plus hours of sleep I get mentally sick. We have to do what is best for our health. I hope you can accept that you need to sleep that long and you are doing it for your health.

I take Nuvigil, Provigil’s sister drug. I put my morning dose on my nightstand and take it as soon as my alarm goes off. Even if I stay in bed after taking it, it gently wakes me up within an hour. Then I’m mentally clear and I get up and start my day.

I was sleeping 12-15 hours per night, so I had to do something about it. Nuvigil really helped reboot my life.

I will caution you, though. Both Provigil and Nuvigil can worsen psychosis. So use it with caution and at the lowest dose possible.

Blessings,

Anthony