How did you take it when you dropped out of high school/college?

I failed college, and I took it really badly. For years and years and years. I still daydream sometimes about getting a degree. But it’s just daydreams. There’s no way I’d have the ability.

2 Likes

I was too delusional to know it was a deal at all. That said, I’m back now! Gotta get to work soon!

1 Like

I was excluded whilst living in halls.

I was sectioned and all I wanted was to get out for my finals. :frowning:

Anyway I started doing a distance learning course through the open university :mortar_board: so hopefully I’ll get my degree eventually…

2 Likes

I left college in my third year under a medical withdrawal for depression. While in actuality I was partying pretty hard and doing a lot of hard drugs.
It seemed like the right thing to do at the time(take leave). I’ve since gone back and competed my degree in history. It wasn’t easy but man was it worth it.

1 Like

I just hated the whole world when I dropped out. The reason I dropped out was that my dad died and my mom had a nervous breakdown, so I had to take care of my siblings and try to help my mom recover. I have since gone back and completed my degree, but it was kind of bittersweet because I still had to drive home every weekend to help out. I barely graduated, and I failed a bunch of classes.

1 Like

I had to drop out due to excessive hospitalizations after 3.5 years. I was so close to being done, but there’s no way I could go back now. Not while medicated. I’m too stupid/slow on medication. It makes me feel even more dumb to not have that degree. I constantly feel like I’m not good enough because of it. I hate it.

1 Like

There’s always gonna be something to feel badly about, don’t beat yourself up. I got mine and don’t feel good enough because I had to take a leave of absence.

1 Like

I dropped out to be admitted for the first time the term I was due to take my A levels.
Chances were I would have failed the 2 I was studying(I dropped French the year before due to the process of becoming ill) or would have scraped low grade passes. On hindsight ,and knowing what I know now, I would have struggled with university without help for my learning difficulties(help that has never come).
I think I was too ill and too socially anxious about interacting with others to be too upset about missing out. Also I had the memories of being bullied and rejected by my peers fresh in my mind.

1 Like

I failed college but I wasn’t depressed about it because that’s when I went to trade school and found out that I was very talented at working with my hands rather than a traditional learning environment. I’m sad that I wasted my parents money for a semester of college but it had a happy ending to it all

2 Likes

I dream to be in collage…!!!
with this Sz i couldn’t join collage…!!!:om_symbol:

1 Like

i felt like i was losing my mind in the prodromal phase and i wanted to get away from everyone

1 Like