How many people dropped out? Poll

I dropped out my senior year second semester, coudnt handle thesis. Finished thesis a year later. Finished science requirements recently and got my degree in 2022.

What are your experiences?
Did you drop out?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

I had 1 year left on my Bachelor’s then SZ hit.

2 Likes

Choose the wrong course and withdrew after completing the first year.

1 Like

Yes, and no. Dropped out first year at university when I was in my early 20’s, but finished a 2 year education at a vocational school 5 years ago.

1 Like

I dropped out of high school and college.

2 Likes

Beauty school drop out here

2 Likes

You were planning on aesthetics?

1 Like

No, but I should have dropped out.

1 Like

Sorry I was tryna be funny. Is a reference to the ‘grease’ movies. I am a college drop out though

2 Likes

I got a B in aesthetics *grumble

Why do you say that?

1 Like

The education I got is very niche and only could be used for one field which is limited. Then I got sick right after and they don’t allow people with certain mental illnesses to be in that field.

2 Likes

Makes sense.

1 Like

I dropped out of graphic design school around 2009 because I got really mentally unwell.

I went back to community college though back in 2018 and got a couple associate’s degress.

4 Likes

Good for you for going back!

1 Like

I finished high school then tried college but couldn’t hack it at first. I kept trying for years but kept getting sick. Fifteen years later I was able to go back and get my bachelor’s then my master’s. It just took a more convoluted course and a lot of years.

2 Likes

Wow that’s awesome! I couldn’t muster a masters!

I dropped out my senior year as a math major. I got schizophrenia. Honestly, I probably had over a year left to graduate. I liked taking finance and business classes through the business school, but was a math major. I could have done applied math – finance or pure math. I think I had at least 20 units left or 5-7 classes left to be honest. I developed schizophrenia the beginning of my senior year, but also realize now I would have got it anyways even if I didn’t get substance induced psychosis. I may have not graduated anyways because of the difficulty I had doing my classes.

1 Like

This is a common theme that people have symptoms when they’re in their early twenties so they can’t finish school

1 Like

Yes, I was like 22 years old at the time.

I was doing it all by myself anways with little family help.

Early on, schizophrenia felt like dementia lol.

1 Like