Homosexual and schizophrenic

Back then they diagnosed people with Schizophrenia as homosexual. Anyway, I found this for pride month.

4 Likes

Google “Patient B 19”.

3 Likes

My God thats bloody terrible. I had no Idea.

Just got done reading. Wow! I have no other words. :astonished:

I am so glad the times have moved on and they don’t treat gay people like that anymore. They did awful things back then to gay people, this is just part of it.

2 Likes

That’s fx’ed up. I’m sorry you went through that.

2 Likes

It’s a thin line between creating diagnoses that are there to accurately reflect the problems people have , and diagnoses that would say more about the personal biases of a committee creating a diagnosis.

I hope in this day and age that such biases are reduced as far as possible.

1 Like

I think this illustrates how the system really doesn’t know what is what half the time and we should do everything we can to fix ourselves and care for each other.

2 Likes

It wasn’t your fault. God would never expect you to ask forgiveness for being abused. What you experienced is called spiritual abuse. There’s some good books on it.

1 Like

I’m sorry it happened to you but I’m glad you know it’s not your fault

2 Likes

had anyone find their sexual orientation is actually homosexual had they taken the meds?

1 Like

What do you mean? Meds don’t affect sexual orientation.

1 Like

HELLZ NAW NAW (!!!).

NAW NAW (!!!).

NAW (!!!).

Seriously tho, thot never crossed my mind… . …

1 Like

i think i am straight but when i take the meds i feel like i realize i am not…

1 Like

It’s just opening you up to new ideas. For example my friend is gay but he never thought he was gay till he smoked weed when he was 15 he says. I believe some of our unconscious desires are masked by societ in certain cases and your true self is often revealed through altered states of consciousness. I’m straight but my drug use and med use and life progression and ego uncovering has made me realize I’m not 100% straight or w.e. I wouldn’t put a number on anything but yeah. I’m more aware of myself now.

2 Likes

that’s what i feel when i am on the meds and before my episode when my journey of taking psychiatric drug begins

2 Likes

i want to be the usual me when i am on antipsychotics and did these meds help indeed? i just want to be who i am

1 Like

They helped me. If you have feelings towards men, then it’s you and not the meds.

2 Likes

I know exactly what you’re talking about. Deliverance ministry is a sham but my people that worked with me meant well too.

1 Like

i thinknso and i honestly think my paranoia hided my true feeling towards men indeed

2 Likes