Have you got facebook account?

I just like FB for the groups otherwise I don’t care about it.

I’ve had like 4 Facebook accounts. First couple of times I didn’t like it, then the third time I got paranoid and shut it down, Now I have had my current account for a while and have kept it, linked up with a bunch of old friends from public school and high school, and family I haven’t seen in a while.

I’ve had moments of paranoia but they pass, overall I am happy with it now, but I rarely post anything, just mostly scroll through the news and stuff.

Facebook asked me if I wanted to set up a fundraiser for charity, and they had the mental health thing here in the UK called Mind

So far I have raised £230 from it!

They even sent me a message saying thank you

2 Likes

I’m quite happy with Facebook, it has a lot to offer if you take the bother to learn its ways.

I’ve had an FB account since 2009. I’ve used it a lot to connect with other authors, sell my book, and more. I have a small number of good friends and use messenger a lot.

My account is private, you can’t find me without me giving my info, I don’t show up in searches.

It really has never made sense for me to have facebook as im not into making friends

I use facebook for the groups too.
That’s very useful to connect with people who have the same hobby.

I have an fb, but it’s set to private. No one can see any info on me unless I add them as friends.
And once a year I do a purge where I remove people I’ve had no interactions with and no interest in keeping contact with.

I like fb, it’s a good way to feel a little included in the lives of friends and family who live other places.

1 Like

I will mention that I make it a point not to add school friends or coworkers “just because”, until they have achieved a friend status in my head.

I’m not on fb to make friends, I’m there to maintain the friendships I’ve already made.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.