Have you ever quit a job without giving notice?

I remember when I was like 17 , I was working for a supermarket in the produce section.
I slept in one day and the supervisor called asking why I wasn’t at work. I was half asleep and just said ‘oh didnt you hear I quit?’ and he was like ''ummm no I didn’t know that" . ‘Well yeah I quit.’ awkward silence… ok bye. :smile:
Then I went back to sleep.

I guess I shouldn’t of kept them as a reference on my resume :yum:
Tadaaaaa.

Level

5 Likes

i’ve never given notice. just quit and find a new job. i’ve walked off a couple times mid shift. usually i get the feeling that im going nowhere and life is passing me by and i just walk out and don’t tell anyone. it’s a bad habit but it’s also one of the greatest feelings in the world.

i think these states are all “at will” employment which means they can fire you for whatever, or you can quit for whatever. i’ve never felt loyalty to an employer.

2 Likes

When I quit I told the receptionist. They called after a few minutes right when I left their building at 2pm. I told them I quit to return to university.

2 Likes

Yes. The manager was picking on me. I got fed up, said I quit, and walked off the job.

2 Likes

When I was 16 I started working for an answering service the graveyard shift. It was my first job. I was ok staying up all night and I did ok with the job basically but I was still learning. One night I got a call on the mental health hotline which sort of gets your adrenaline going anyway but the woman on the other end said in a shrill voice “I just flushed my baby down the toilet”. Then she hung up. To this day I don’t know if that was a prank call or someone who had a miscarriage and needed to talk to mental health. Anyway it totally freaked me out and I had to call the supervisor over to calm me down. After that I told her I couldn’t work there anymore but my older brother would love the job. So she hired him to start the next day. He did quite well. So the answer is yes, I have left without giving notice, but no, I didn’t leave them high and dry.

3 Likes

Lol! That’s funny Level. :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve quit without notice, which is a mistake, because they say you didn’t show up and were fired.

1 Like

never, i always get them notice not good to leave a job without notify them.

İ got couple times quit job without notice.i was unmedicated.i m continuesly work since i got medicated.no problem at all.

2 Likes

I worked for Dominos as a delivery driver, and I disappeared for two weeks, and when I went back I had been replaced as they thought something had happened to me

1 Like

I was working as a nurse’s aide when I was 17 and they eventually had me working so late on school nights that I just quit one day from burnout.

1 Like

Yes on multiple occasions

1 Like

Yup. Many times. During the middle of a shift I would just slip out into the night and never return without saying anything haha.

1 Like

I had a job that involved being on ladders a lot with no safety equipment. On the second day I said that I’m not going up that f*cking ladder no matter how much they paid me. Got in my car, went home, and went to sleep.

2 Likes

Ha ha yeah you know I had a guy work for me once. I told him he needed to go up this 30ft ladder then tie off on the roof with a rope.

I showed him how to do it. Then he looked at me and said “hey J your ■■■■■■■ crazy” lol

So I put him on ground work instead :blush:

Little did he know how crazy I really was muhahaha :joy:

2 Likes

Quit, fired, layed off, walked off, told not to come back, not showing up for three days.
Yeah, did those many, many times.

3 Likes

I walked out of two jobs back when I was working. I was such a hot head. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I got the ole “this gig ain’t for you bub” and got fired before lol

1 Like

Some jobs I was glad I got fired. I hated them anyways and they did me a favor.

1 Like

I done all these, i am not reliable at all. I always told my workcolleages that i am leaving. Sometimes the bakery relied on me otherwise they wouldn’t have any products to sell without me. I ve been ripped off badly in some jobs. I am so happy i don’t have to work anymore. Thanks god. Today i have another day off. For the last 10 years. When i think about it, psychiatry helped me to reach the level of unemployment. Anyways, i feel better for it, but i miss the money.

1 Like