Have you ever been in food line

When I see some covid-19 news from America I see also long lines to food banks. I suppose it is this covid-19 era. Have you ever been in food line?

3 Likes

We went to two food banks last week. My gf is out of work because the owner of the business she worked for died and all his stores were shut down. We’re waiting on her unemployment to be approved but things are tight right now, so we’re thankful that there are places where food is available.

3 Likes

Yes. A couple years ago I was going to the food bank twice a month. I’ve been buying all our food since then, but we’ve run out of our savings because we always have several kids here to feed. My husband and I are both disabled so we’re low income.

2 Likes

I haven’t had to go to the food pantry often lately. We got a SNAP increase during covid because we don’t get the max amount. We normally get $350 for 7 people per month. Without the increase I used food pantries every month.

2 Likes

Have been to a food pantry before and have also donated stuff to a food pantry

2 Likes

We’ve waited in line in our vehicle for fresh produce from the food giveaway several times in the Summer. It’s nice, you can get potatoes, onions, corn, cabbage, carrots, apples, cantaloupe, strawberries and lettuce depending on what’s available that time. Our food pantry doesn’t have lines thankfully. Here you may access the pantry twice a year. We seldom use it. They typically give you hot dogs, white bread, soup, a row of crackers, mac n cheese, canned vegetables and canned fruit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.