Have to take a prn in the middle of the day

I know what off set off my panic, but don’t understand why my heart is beating out of my chest and my breath is high. I did four squared breathing but my whole body is fleeting. I need to take a Klonopin right now, if anyone else has suggestions other than Klonopin I’m open to it. Thanks. Can I beat this panic attack on my own?

1 Like

You can do it. Try splashing cold water on your face. :ox::ox::ox:

1 Like

Thanks I will. Would chamomile lavender sleepy tea tea make me fall asleep or can that get rid of panic too without making me fall asleep

1 Like

Not sure about the tea. But if nothing works and you need to take a Klonopin, that is okay. Sometimes we need a little help and is nothing to be ashamed of. :mouse::mouse::mouse:

Thanks. The cold water didn’t work. My heart is beating out my chest and I feel faint. I only had a cup of tea today but picking up my volunteer application form the doctors office gave me a panic attack because of what went on there

I just heard a voice saying"you love it"

1 Like

Tea can help. Remember to keep focused on your breathing.

Another thing that might help is grounding exercises. Hold an object and describe it as detailed as possible.

If you feel up to it a shower/bath can help

1 Like

I feel so ashamed I took the Klonopin but I can’t wait for it to kick in

2 Likes

Try grounding. Do you know how to do it?

1 Like

Yeah but my mind is too blank I can’t think. I have tons of grounding techniques. I think I’m going to count slowly to 100

1 Like

It was hard to stay focused. Skipped some numbers cause voices are trying to get through

I had to get rid of that emoji. It was too powerful and I was hallucinating it

My heart rate went down

1 Like

Don’t feel ashamed, that is what PRNs are for. I hope you feel better. :rooster::rooster::rooster:

1 Like

Thanks @GrayBear I’m just going to lay here all catatonic and stuff (sorry if I offend anyone by my language) I don’t know what I am saying

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.