High anxiety tonight

I’m having physical signs of panic. Anyone know how to get rid of chest tightness and shortness of breath? I’ve been taking Klonopin 1mg like I’m prescribed since Wednesday afternoon. I’ve been taking it every night. Any suggestions on lessening anxiety? Besides A bubble bath or shower, I zone out if I don’t take a cold shower and I only shower because it gets the job done. I don’t enjoy it.

I’m drinking an ice cold glass of water and listening to music. I really hope it’s not a sleepless night, I have plans tomorrow :frowning:. Don’t want to be manic, anxious, wired, paranoid, all of the above :confused:

Still anxious… I’m a moron and had a high powered energy drink a few hours ago, I don’t know what the F it was. I had to take a Klonopin 20mins ago and feel like I am crawling out my skin still and out of my body.

Magnesium helps but you may have bathroom problems with it. Invega, stress and exercise depletes electrolytes which has gone worse for me, but fixing it now.

1 Like

Yeah I get digestive problems enough that I’ve been on APs. I’m walking now

What’s the story with Klonopin? Would it be better to take the pill during the day ? I know it helps with panic attacks but I don’t know much else.

1 Like

Try squared breathing. Do you know how to do it?

If I take a 0.5mg in the middle of the day, then I’ll just take a 0.5mg at night. Otherwise, I just take the 1mg at night. Never exceed that dose. It gets rid of broken record thoughts and racing thoughts, plus the out of body anxiety. Some energy drinks counteract the all day effects. This one just so happened did. Good thing my injection has made me extremely stable compared to where I was a yr-2yrs ago. I think I’m on a good combo. Two Fridays ago, l-theanine (first dose ) made me suicidal. Not going back on that. I like taking my meds as prescribed. My mental health isn’t ideal but I can be worse and I use coping skills every day

1 Like

No I don’t @CoCo

Breath in and count to 4. Then hold your breath for 4. Next exhale for 4, and then hold for 4. Repeat. Once you’re good at 4 try 5 and even 6. Repeat until you’re calm enough to tolerate it.

2 Likes

Ok thanks like 4 sides on a square?

Yes. You can do this :). I believe in you. You’ll be able to get calmer

1 Like

Thanks I’m walking and doing it now!!

2 Likes

I drank like 1 and 1/2 huge bottles of Gatorade, and a small juice. The electrolytes helped

Coconut water is also good.

I was looking at those. They had caffeine in them. I had enough caffeine 2day

Dark chocolate milk helps with my energy and mood. I get serotonin boost and magnesium from it

My Mood is fine. My heart was beating out of my chest earlier and I felt nauseous as heck, the 4 squared breathing had me chasing my breaths. My anxiety was through the roof, now I’m left paralyzed and can’t think about doing chores because of how that energy drink affected me. The anxiety would be more crippling if I didn’t take the Klonopin. It’s a very edgy, crawling out of your skin feeling, and luckily the Gatorade helped with the Klonopin. It’s not about mania and depression. Those problems are gone now that I stopped the remeron a month ago

1 Like

Did the squared breathing help your heart rate come down at all?

Yea, I would’ve went into full blown panic, thanks

2 Likes