Has schizophrenia affected your experience of joy?

Before I had schizophrenia, I used to experience a lot of joy and wonder in my daily life.

Now, I don’t really feel these emotions anymore.

Has schizophrenia affected your experience of joy?

1 Like

Yes, I don’t feel the joy I felt whilst I was in remission. Can feel happy but not for long.

1 Like

I feel like so much has been taken away I’ll never be the same and even if the voices went away the damage has been done lol…

1 Like

i think so, yes. i’m never just joyful without being concerned to some degree. there’s always some suspicion or wariness involved. like there’s another shoe to fall. joy can’t be pure for me anymore.

1 Like

no…maybe it’s because i’m not a schiz. i experience some joy mixed with sadness. and a deep fury…but yes i can experience joy definitely and defiantly.

1 Like

That’s a motivator hooah! I think you are (traditionally classified …“like me”) as schizophrenic. But your past traumas also have an affect on your psyche. I feel that enough traumatic injuries would be enough to shatter anyone, into this state? Perhaps, but I remember the wonder and imagination I had when I was first diagnosed…I wanted to do everything…yet I couldn’t…but what I showed in my mind’s eye was a celebration for anyone to be able to dig a bit. I have some little fury…keeps my heart warm and living…and that’s about it. I feel sad because deep down, I know that I have done some very ugly things. How can one experience joy if they can’t forgive themselves??

Pat.

The depressing romance ensues…I’m drinking beer…

Sz has affected my joy, but not in the way you are asking. Since going through hell I feel more joy than I ever have in my life because I am in remission. Not living in the world of psychosis anymore I rejoice that I am no longer there. Because I am not suffering 24/7 I am able to appreciate the good things happening in my life. Don’t get me wrong I still have hiccups but I get through them because of my hope for the future and the memories of the good days. :sunny:

3 Likes

I sort of miss these memories, truthfully! Come back Dave I’m broke biatch!!

yeah im pretty depressed at the moment actually autumn goodbye summer the grey grey grey grey grey grey is here.

Definitely has. I do endure moments of laughter though and sometimes enjoy what I do. But that scale of wonder and excitement? No I lost it. And that’s okay

THat’s how it is for us in the Midwest it’s just great soon I’m going to get apple donuts with my love. Can’t wait they’re always hot at serving. ANyhow don’t be depressed just maybe go to hibernation or (layer up and stay active) mindset.

1 Like

yeah I might stock upon DVDs learn how to make soup and stew LOL

1 Like

There are so MANY cool things to do you dunno…get a Netflix account and roku…then go vintage on ebay and get like a genesis sega or a Nintendo first edition NES…now go back to the simple and try to beat the original zeldas BOOOI!

3 Likes

I REFUSE to eat bambi!!! how could you. LOL

Okay it has the MOST LEAN PROTEIN out of all meats…you can also get ground venison at shelters in the Midwest and make badass chilli with it…quite healthy too! If not I use pork sausage, steak and thick bacon in my chilli. Stew is much different and I tend to cook that with a roast in a crock pot…serve it on your fav starch! (potatoes or rice whatevs or plain)

I made chilli the other day but lady finger chillis in it and it nearly blew my head off but I like that love the idea about sausage bacon and steak chilli better than mince beef.
mashed potatos are winter potatoes lol comfort food.

It affects me in a way that the experiences of joy that I have had are definitely not appropriate. I don’t experience joy when and where I should. But at inappropriate times and intervals.

1 Like

Yep. Most definitely. I feel robbed of innocence and humanity. Everything is just… So computed. I want to be like the dog happily chasing his own leash around the tree.

1 Like