Before your Schizophrenia started, what was your ultimate joy in life?

I loved decorating the Christmas tree and sledding in the snow :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Studying for university.

4 Likes

This is difficult bc my childhood ended at ten years old due to a sexual trauma and I spent most of my teens very depressed and sza didnโ€™t get dxed until I was 23.

So atm I am working on healing and experiencing life a little bit at a time. Therapy really helps.

:rainbow:

5 Likes

Fragging people in various FPS games. I enjoyed TFC the most. Made a dozen or so friends, it was great. I wish I was working and had elbow supports when I did that, it would have been so blissful.

The way I did it I had bad posture and arthritis, so it destroyed my elbows.

4 Likes

Music and dancing. I used to love rock, pop, and r and b music as a younger woman.

Nowadays, Iโ€™m getting a bit into classical music. I practice it on my piano and also Iโ€™m reading a book about it anyways.

4 Likes

Driving home from college and listening to my favorite radio station.

I donโ€™t even have a vehicle anymore :neutral_face:

4 Likes

LANning with my computer at various mateโ€™s places and at some bigger LANโ€™s. We played computer to early hours of the morning.

I still play games online with friends, but being in the same room yelling at eachother is a great experience. I do miss that, but those days are gone now.

4 Likes

I used to drive all over my state and explore new places in my car, listening to the radio or bumpin some music in my car.

4 Likes

I had no ultimate joy, i tried to run away from home. I got diagnosed sz overseas.

2 Likes

The ultimate joys were experimenting at events like Audiotistic, though that kind of happiness is synthetic. Here in the present Iโ€™m taking baby steps and enjoying simple things like the sound of birds in the morning.

3 Likes

Getting up early and driving to the beach with my friends. We always went early to avoid traffic so we would get there at 7:30 or 8:00 am and spend the day playing frisbee, working on our tans, body surfing, smoking pot, and eating lunch. We went a million times and never got bored and usually stayed until 5:30 or 6:00 pm and always drove home tired but happy.

4 Likes

Cooking, photography, music, cats, and nookie.

3 Likes

Jogging in the park with music in my ears, in the mornings

3 Likes

Pushing boundaries to see how much talent I had received from God. I enjoyed doing studies in various field.

3 Likes

Playing live with my old band. Recording and putting out records.

2 Likes

I was only a kid so it was things like surfing, playing guitar and Ultima Online. I miss being a kid they are the most care free days of your life.

3 Likes

I canโ€™t say that because I believe I was a mentally disabled child .

But my greatest joys are making love/sex with my boyfriend who is the greatest lover,

Being with loved ones,

Riding my sacred neigh,

Taking a dip and maybe some other things.

Sex is something extatic with the right partner and I long for it .
Want even more intimacy and sacred Union in it though.:slightly_smiling_face::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I think playing sports,before schizo when I was still in school.I skip classes and play sports in a hot afternoon.Which was crazy,I think I am not interested in school but I should have focus more that time

2 Likes

sex and studying to become a doctor. 5 years later im still fighting for both lol but winning here and there

3 Likes

My son. He was a baby when i got ill.

Before his birth: nature, rock climbing, travelling, cuddling.

1 Like