Has anyone quit caffeine?

Im stopping from tomortow, as i cant control myself and over-indulge coffee too much until i become paranoid and have a panic attack, has anyone else quit caffeine successfully?

6 Likes

I reduced my intake to 1 big cup/day. I only drink it to prevent napping during the day. If I can not nap during the day without it I would.

cant im stimulant junkie, i cant quit if life dependent on it.

I quit caffeine about a month a go. I just didn’t have it in the house and I switched to decaff.

The withdrawals were worse than I expected and lasted about 2 weeks.

But now I have no problem getting up early. My anxiety had been greatly reduced and I have more energy and am able to deal with stress much better.

Giving it up was the best thing I’ve done in years.

4 Likes

Medium to large amounts of caffeine makes my heart race so I only consume small amounts from coca cola. I love my pop lol

I quit for a few months. I prefer having caffeine so I have it again

Being at home for lockdown has meant my coffee intake has shot up. I got worried reading about someone who overdosed on caffeine and died as a result. I now switch from caffeinated to decaff after 5pm and I sleep a lot better.

It doesn’t seem to do anything for me anyway, except to jump start my colon in the morning.

1 Like

Not completely. I used to drink a pot of coffee a day. Now it’s just one or two diet sodas and maybe one cup of coffee.

I wish. For now, I drink like one soda a day. I’ve found that not as bad as nicotine.

1 Like

I used to smoke myself.

1 Like

Haha my brother drinks dark coffee bcz he’s always constipated lol

I quit caffeine many, many years ago. Don’t know how many though.

3 Likes

I enjoy caffeine too much to quit. Although I often drink too much and feel some minor side effects like being over excited. I drink coffee, tea, and coke.

i call myself trying to quit on a weekly basis, but when the headache starts coming i get like “well its just a soda, coffee, or energy drink” than 3 energy drinks later i am thinking ah i didnt need to drink that many, one was more than enough as i dont get much benefit from caffeine anymore, even when i first started drinking them they didnt give me energy but for some odd reason sort of relaxed my mind in a way (maybe something to do with the taurine and b vitamins in addition to caffeine)

1 Like

Yes, Caffeine tended to make me lose my cool hours after drinking it and I decided to quit it over a period of years. I thought when I started taking trileptal that I could take it again but found to my disappointment I couldn’t. If I know I am about to die some day I’ll get me a huge amount of chocolate and soda and eat and drink it with a smile. Otherwise I won’t.

1 Like

I drink coke but don’t really feel anything

1 Like

I quit caffeine some years ago @Newlyborn. I had massive headaches for 4 or 5 days. If I have caffeine, now, I have a panic attack.

You can do it!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.