Has anyone had their brain scanned?

I’ve had several CT scans of my brain. They all come up ok. Or, so they say.

had a SPECT scan done in '06 the neurologist told me to take lamictal and thats it no neuroleptics. I guess I have a bipolar disorder, but I have been diagnosed as sza too. I remember the results saying that i had decreased profusion in the orbital frontal area and an asymmetry in the deep central grey matter.

I had a CT scan both times around the time of severe psychosis and it was harmful the first time but the second time it really helped. I was able to see that I had a problem and get through psychosis. The scan was successful and made me feel better the second time around. The voices made it hard to concentrate and I had really bad brain pains which then I thought were because of voices and the pain they wanted me to feel. But suddenly the sharp scary pain in my brain went away and, I was left with treatment.

3 MRI’s and 2 EEG’s.
Conclusion was, I have a brain, but they couldn’t tell if it had been used or not.

2 Likes

Wow That’s amazing.

1 Like

The doctors of research and psychology have ruled out subtypes of schizophrenia.

Had a CAT scan and EEG back in 1996 when a new psychiatrist took over and wanted to rule out stuff like tumours and temporal lobe epilepsy. They didn’t find anything - including the Asperger’s I was later diagnosed with. (But hell, that gel in the hair, ughh…)

I had a CAT scan done of my Heart and lungs recently, never had a Brain Scan done.
Would like to get one.