Brain Scan?

Hey, has anyone here ever had a scan done of their brain? If so did they find anything? I had an MRI done of my brain years ago and they found that I was a Dandy-Walker variant with enlarged ventricles, I have no idea what that means. I am diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder.

3 Likes

I had MRI they said it was ok

Some people with sz have enlarged ventricles it’s been found. I’ve had ct and MRI’s. My ventricles are a little asymetrical but otherwise nothing different. A reason why sz is hard to diagnose and there’s usually nothing different on scans.

1 Like

My brain scans were normal other than TD.

1 Like

They did an MRI of my brain (basically to reassure me I had no brain chip).

Everything was fine.

My VA psychiatrist ordered an MRI be done, to rule out any other organic conditions that might have caused my symptoms (brain tumor, etc.). No abnormalities were noted.

1 Like

I’ve never had an MRI, but I had a CT scan done about 5 years ago when I had a car accident. Don’t remember the accident, I came to in the ER afterwards, totaled my truck. Nothing obviously wrong with my noggin.

i have done MRI on my brain from about 3 years a go just to make sure everything is fine and the result was normal brain.

I was voicing my worries about my mental deterioration, and they sent me to this place where they did psychological tests on me. They said it was easier to tell what was going on in the brain by administering these tests than it was to do a brain scan. They didn’t tell me the results of the test. Some of the exercises I had seen on IQ tests before. I thought I had done pretty well on one test, and then the woman giving the test asked me a question that was really basic, and I couldn’t answer it. All I could say was “I don’t know.” I wonder if that question she asked me was part of the evaluation. I haven’t heard anything from those people since I took their test.

I had a CAT scan done when i was first hospitalized in the 1990s. I think my ventricles were ok then but they spotted some brain lesions. I am not sure if I remember this correctly though. I am a little afraid to ask my current doctor about it since I doubt knowing more would help me feel better about it anyways.

since sz wasn’t in my family the doctors thought I might have a tumor or something so while psychotic I had to do a cat scan of my noggin’. freaked me out I remember…no tumor…no explanation…I think it was that I was super sensitive to the world.

I had a MRI done and they found eskemia, which is dead tissue I guess.

I’ve had an MRI a CT and a PET scan on my noggin honestly it’s pretty relaxing except for when they had to use contrast. Ive also had an EEG. All of my tests have come back clean so if anything is physically wrong with my brain it’s extremely well hidden lol.

I had an MRI which was fine.

Years ago yes. They found scar tissue

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.