Got an appointment with psychologist

We will talk via zoom

6 Likes

For me psychologists didn’t help my SZ.
I don’t have psychological issues and they charge a lot for their sessions.

1 Like

Thats fair enough I am having the sessions due to anxiety and its on the nhs

2 Likes

Be honest! Do what you can to prepare

2 Likes

I am doing it with the NHS too.

I waited a very long time for it, but I am not sure it’s working out well at all.

I have an autism assessment now as the psychologist thinks this may be an issue.

She is the first person in 32 years who has suggested that as far as I know.

1 Like

Hi @anon80629714 !

Just checking up on you. Hope everything is well, or at least on its path to being well soon.

2 Likes

I hope you find some answers
…:heart:

Im well @Andrey how you doing?
Apparently ive been told ive got anxiety so coming to terms with a new diagnosis… honestly it feels very weird

Have you tried breathing exercises? I’ve heard they can help stave off panic attacks.

I have a theory, that anxiety disorders and also ADHD stem from how we perceive the passage of time. When our time perception is skewed we get nervous or panicky. But time in and of itself flows steadily and by breathing deeply and focusing on the “now” you can calm down your mind.

Otherwise I’m not doing all that bad. Working from home and avoiding going out too often, avoiding people contact etc. Just the basic drills, you know…

1 Like

Its great work is allowing you to work from home… and im glad to hear you are doing ok…

Im trying mindfulness with headspace everynow and then… and have been told to try a worry schedule but failing on that… i need to try harder

1 Like

Yeah good point. Keep yourself occupied. Not necessarily a worry schedule, but try writing something, drawing or focusing on something. Heck, even origami or kneading noodles could help, what do I know ?

1 Like

I’m getting back into drawing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, feel free to share with us your creations !
I still have one of your drawings (an elephant) on my old tablet which I rarely use nowadays. But it’s there!

1 Like

Oh wow you still have it ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.