Going crazy. Not a far trip

Stressful day at work. It occurred to today me after two months that my new boss may not last. I’ve been helping him as much as I can with my knowledge of the job. But it seems that he doesn’t care about things sometimes. He’s cool, a nice guy. He’s young, he’s 22 years old. But some things aren’t getting done.Things are not getting done on time. I tell him something needs to be done every week and he just shrugs and says, “We’ll do it tomorrow” and then we get behind…I can’t really blame him. He was thrust into his job with no knowledge of the job. No training. My old boss whom retired was supposed to train him but for some reason I am not aware of that never happened. So what do HIS bosses expect? He knows janitorial work, but he doesn’t know our system, or our rhythm They just stuck him in there cold. He’s learning, he could very well last and do fine. We shall see.

3 Likes

That happens here a LOT where I work. There is so much to do that a new person has to be real good at prioritizing, or delegating…chaotic place to work!