Schizophrenia.com

Today was really stressful at work

We were slammed the whole day. I worked with the manager who says she doesn’t like training. She just tells you if you’re doing it wrong. So she would only tell me when I got it wrong, and did it in a rude voice in front of customers. Plus, we were inspected today which added more stress since I not really trained yet. I absolutely hate this job!

1 Like

Oh My Goodness Gracious!.

Inspection!.

I Bet The Managers Were Nervous.

Always Funny to See.

When The Suits Walk in And Everyone Shakes.

3 Likes

It might not be for you. Do you have to work? Can you find another job? With the manager herself saying she doesn’t like to train it doesn’t sound like a very nurturing and supportive environment for you.

1 Like

@Pianogal,

Jus So You Know, You Have Nothing to Worry About.

If They Don’t Train You Properly it isn’t Your Fault.

Jus Go With The Flow And Lay Low For Awhile.

And Maybe Look For Something Else in The Meantime. (If You Can)… . …

3 Likes

I have interviews this week for jobs in the UK. As it happens I have been living in France with my parents, so will need to get back if I’m successful. One of the factors that gave me success in getting interviews was the quality of my CV — it doesn’t waffle and stays to the point, highlighting what qualifications I do have and giving dates for when I was last in work, without going into details of why there was a gap. These can always be explained later. Unlike most schizophrenics, I don’t hear voices, nor have hallucinations, yet do have delusions. I feel much better now and hopefully, I’ll be able to secure work as soon as possible, either that or further study.

1 Like

The job sounds stressful. I work mostly from home in administration and also find it stressful. There are no easy answers. Any job is likely going to be stressful and either your going to be able to put up with that or not. I think about quitting every week but I just say ‘one more day’. Maybe you can try it that way and see where it takes you.

1 Like

It’s definitely not a nurturing or supportive environment. After talking it over with my husband, I’m going to quit. It’s too stressful for me.

3 Likes

I wish you the best of luck finding a new job! It sounds like you put together a great resume so that’s a good start.

1 Like

Yeah, try to find an unstressful job some kind of. Don’t panic, as we all have to think for ourselves as well. Good luck for finding a better place.

1 Like

Thanks @Heigen5! I need to keep looking. I like to do the best job possible so I need to find a job with decent training first.

3 Likes

I’m sure that you are a perfect gal for some other place. Your attitude is good. Just remember to give yourself lots of credits, not just to the owners only. Dunno.

1 Like

I totally support your decision. You gave it a shot and didn’t receive the support and guidance you needed to be successful. You can try something else when you’re ready. You have a lot to offer if the environment is right.

1 Like

Thanks @leaf and @Heigen5. I really like to be a good employee so this was hard on me. I’m relieved it’s over

3 Likes

What other type of job do you think you might like to do?

1 Like

you did the right thing…that wasn’t fair at all of your manager !!

1 Like

I’m not sure. I have brain lesions that make me unable to play the piano like I used to, but maybe I’ll try to teach beginning to intermediate piano. I’m not confident in my teaching skills though

2 Likes

Thanks @jukebox

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with @Heigen5. That’s a stressful job. I couldn’t work at a place where I had to work fast and have a bunch of people watching me and not even get trained properly. I don’t think I’ve ever had a job where a manager tells me, “Oh I’m lousy at training so just learn on your own.”
How is a person supposed to do good at their job without proper training?

I found that stocking shelves in a department store or doing light work in a nice warehouse isn’t bad. Those jobs were certainly less stressful than fast food. Well, look at it positively, it didn’t work out but at least you tried and got a little taste of what working is like again.

1 Like

COVID 19 messed up my training year at my job. I am working from home with no supervision. I can use Skype or the telephone when I need help but that’s no substitute for having someone show you how to do something in person

I am still at it though.

2 Likes

That is very uncool. If you decide not to stay, make a point of asking for an exit interview and being very up front about this. Employers need to know when they have a toxic manager who is driving staff away. Staff are usually too afraid of these wanks to report them.

2 Likes