Going cold turkey on tobacco

I really want to quit so have just binned my remaining tobacco. Things might get a bit hairy but am convinced it’s worth it

12 Likes

Best of luck …

3 Likes

Good luck! :+1:

Quitting smoking is beyond worth it!!

2 Likes

Good luck @anon94176359! It isn’t easy, both my parents used to smoke so I’ve seen how hard it can be. However, should you fall of the wagon, get up and try again. Research has shown it takes on average 12 attempts before being successful.

2 Likes

It is. I’m rooting for you.

3 Likes

Hey, I’ve been on a mission to quit too… how about that we’d share our thoughts in this thread and post here and support eachothers out too? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good idea man! Has been 1 hour since my last cig

2 Likes

It’s totally worth it. I quit and I’m so glad I did.

3 Likes

I’m just smoking my last one atm. then I’m out of having any tobacco anyways. I’m not gonna buy any tomorrow.

2 Likes

I downloaded a budgeting app and was shocked how much of my income was going on cigs

3 Likes

Yeah. They’re way too expensive

3 Likes

I’m cutting back before the quit, don’t think I could just stop

Good luck though

1 Like

My dad has had two heart attacks and a stroke. Won’t quit smoking. He has a pacemaker

I’m showing good progress on my quit… I’m past the 48 hour mark, and cold turkey is my best approach historically, to add my two cents.

3 Likes

Oxygen tanks. Part of a lung. Cancer is expensive.

I used to smoke a pack a day for 8 years. I stopped smoking 3 years ago. Best thing I’ve done. It was dificult. I tried many times. Last time I used nicotine patches and I had success.

Good luck! You can do it!

2 Likes

Yeah, well I’ve been trying to quit smoking for years but felt like my free will isn’t quiet there, because of my Sz. I know I can quit though, so I’m gonna post here and chat about it now on.

1 Like

me too brother we can keep eachother motivated to not pick up the cigs again. life has more to over. i want to try drinking more tea (i know u have some kickass cups lol) and i will cut out soda

1 Like

Try nicotine replacement therapy, mouth spray is really helpful, once I stopped smokimg for 4 months

2 Likes

I’m past the ‘drowsy’ stage and into the ‘cranky’ stage which is tough terrain!

I’ve tried and failed so many times… it’s serious stuff. Especially since the people around you get their hopes up.

2 Likes