Girls, did you have crushes in high school based solely on looks?

In high school I found out that this girl that I had almost never spoken to was obsessed with me. Are high school girls just more shallow?

2 Likes

I think most people in high school had crushes based on looks. Tis the time of hormones.

2 Likes

Yeah that came to mind after posting this

I’ve never had a serious girlfriend and I’m 24. It’s sad honestly. But fell ill at 17 so didn’t really have a chance

Some people are. But some people just don’t feel confident enough to talk to their crush, so they don’t. It’s not always because they’re shallow. It might be because they’re shy. So shy that they create stories in their heads which perpetuate the attraction even though they’ve never spoken to you.

I think I saw that most with high school kids that had obsessions with people they’d rarely spoke to. They were afraid they weren’t good enough or that they would screw something up.

Usually the shallow ones would try and talk to their crush because they believed they looked good enough to not be shy about it. At least that’s my interpretation of the kids I went to school with.

2 Likes

That’s a good way of explaining it

man, my crush in high school was gorgeous. she had me wrapped around her finger, she used to flirt with me, but could’ve had anyone. we went to prom together, i thought we had good chemistry, but she wasn’t as interested in me once we got to college, where she dated the power forward for indiana university hoosiers. he couldn’t even make a free throw, but somehow got recruited by IU. i still dream about her about 4 or 5 times a year. our lockers were right next to each other in high school.

4 Likes

Yea I had a crush on all the hot guys lol. That’s pretty normal I suppose…

1 Like

Solely based on hair length

3 Likes

I’ve always needed a personal connection to have a crush.

1 Like

I went to all girls school there were no boys only one girl who looked like a boy

1 Like

Glad it wasn’t just me lol

1 Like

No such thing as a sexy man with short hair, thought I

I liked tall guys (as I’m tall) and red headed guys (because I had a crush on Vincent van Gogh. :laughing:

1 Like

Same here @Nomad . Falling ill at that age really messes things up. I am thankful I was taken from the punishment of the law and put in a hospital

1 Like

I went to an all girl high school … I had a crush on a girl because of her smile… in my third year of college we were in the same class and in a group together… didn’t say anything abt it to her…

There was a guy I saw at our fun day , when guys could come, in 7th grade and I liked him instantly for a few years.

I don’t think it was mainly because of looks. I mean he was cute but also kind and helpful…

2 Likes

I thought the boys in my high school were super shallow. They all wanted the same pretty, blonde haired green eyed girl! She was prom queen, class president etc etc. It’s like can you at least branch out a bit? :joy:

1 Like

@Nomad I am still that way with a guy from college who was the drummer in a band. If I remember correctly we hardly spoke. I can’t get over him.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.