Gastric bypass surgery?

My family wants me to do that for weight loss. Its free here if you’re obese. They know ppl who lost lots of weight doing this surgery.

1 Like

I am afraid of the pain and complications of surgeries. They will cut me open.

My sister lost 100 pounds after that surgery. She’s kept it off since

3 Likes

If you can avoid it you should avoid it. But if you have no other option it could be worth it.

2 Likes

I don’t think you would qualify if you are taking meds that make you gain weight.
I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Is that the one where they shrink the size of your stomach so you can’t eat as much? One of my aunts had that done I think. She was very skinny for a long time but is now starting to gain some of that weight back.

2 Likes

My sister-in-law just had this done two weeks ago or so. She greatly regrets it now. She’s in excruciating pain and has insomnia because she can only sleep on her back. She’s mentally normal, and now has to take Seroquel at night for sleep.

3 Likes

You have to prove you can lose some weight and keep it off before they do the surgery. You can do it! I’ve heard that it’s possible to re expand over time, and you would be faced with the same problem again.

1 Like

People die during that surgery:

2 Likes

I was just going to say what @77nick77 said.

2 Likes

Switch to rexulti. Calorie count.

1 Like

I lost 93 pounds this past year by counting calories and exercising. I know you’re not up to exercising but you would still lose weight without exercising by restricting caloric intake

2 Likes

I am afraid of the surgery pain too.

Yes, they shrink the stomach.

1 Like

I did that and lost weight but everytime I cant continue following my diet after a month.

1 Like

Well, now you have extra motivation. You want to avoid surgery!

2 Likes

One other thing I forgot to mention, @Aziz; my sister-in-law had to see a psychologist and be cleared to receive the surgery. Not sure what that process is like or what they’re screening for, but there you go. Avoid. You don’t want someone rooting around in your guts. I had a hernia repaired that was located along my belt line in 2007, and I still have to be careful when twisting and contorting. My intestines were being pinched by it, and if I hadn’t had the surgery, a large part of my colon would die from lack of blood supply.

1 Like

My mother had it done.

It was a pretty uncomfortable recovery,

But she lost a lot of weight.

You still have to watch what you eat and some things you just straight up can’t eat anymore,

It’s a good last resort, but you should try diet and exercise first.

3 Likes

I thought you’d lost some weight already.

1 Like

The Mediterranean way of living (diet) seems to be one a lot of professionals agree as not actually a diet, but a sustainable way of living. You would probably really like it. I love it, personally. And I get to restart, once allowed time to recover from my surgery.

1 Like