Can you gain weight indefinitively or there is a biological limit?

I was 135lb before meds and sz. Now I am 310lb. Will I gain weight indefinitevely given that I eat the same but I always stay in bed 24/7 never exercising?

2 Likes

I leveled out a little under 250 and have been yoyoing up and down ever since.

3 Likes

I am considering weight loss surgery. My family want me to do a gastric bypass surgery as they have friends who lost tons of weight and kept it with this surgery. My friend’s mother also lost tons of weight by doing gastric bypass surgery.

2 Likes

Gastric bypass comes with alot of restrictions.
You won’t be able to eat much and you’ll have to avoid certain food items or risk feeling really sick.
Also, the stomach can stretch again if you don’t watch out.

I’m not even sure a doctoe would approve a gastric bypass at your weight, especially considering the minimal amount of effort you’re putting into actually doing something about it.
Sorry to say it.

2 Likes

I will do the surgery once I am over 350lb I think.

My mother had the surgery and it’s not that easy.

You have to lose weight yourself first.

Just with diet and exercise.

It shows commitment and ability to stick with a program.

My mom lost a lot of weight, but still has to be careful.

3 Likes

Was it covered by insurance?

Yes.

But only partly because of her weight.

She has severe asthma and that’s why they wanted her to get it.

Still, I’m sure you can get it to go through insurance.

You just have to be pushy.

1 Like

You have to eat a whole lot of food everyday to maintain that weight. Like the last person said you will have to be committed to lose weight before they will do surgery.

1 Like

Yes you will keep gaining weight

1 Like

Have you ever gone to a dietician?

Have you ever had a personal trainer?

Have you tried eating less?

Have you tried replacing a meal by a shake?

Have you tried doing a daily walk?

Have you exercised on a stationary bike?

Some ideas.

2 Likes

I looked hard into bariatric surgery, but then I saw people who gained weight even right after surgery, and had health complications from eating solid foods too soon. I learned it’s not a magic bullet, and I still had to make healthy changes even if I were going to get the surgery.

I know it’s insanely hard with the meds. I’m dealing with that myself, but it gets easier if you get other things in your life figured out.

Sleep and hydration are the best places to start. I would recommend looking into getting a sleep study done. Quality sleep is the king of good health, and it makes an incredible difference.

1 Like

I would if I could.

1 Like

As you hit a certain age, during puberty I think, there is a point where your body locks in how many fat cells you have and that’s it. That is the amount of fat cells you are going to have. However, those fat cells can shrink or grow, but only so much. So there is actually a maximum fatness for each person depending on how many fat cells they had when they locked in their fat cells.

2 Likes

Depends how much you eat to maintain a maximum weight. If your stomach keeps stretching you will eat more and more and your weight will keep increasing. You have to have self control. With self control even without exercising you can lose weight in the long run. If you rather just eat what you want and be happy thats up to you.

1 Like

You need to see my 600 lb life show. But you have to eat a lot every day, I mean a lot to maintain that weight. So if you find yourself eating 20,000 plus calories per day, you might want to re think your life goals. But for people who weigh that much, they clearly have severe food addictions. So bariatric surgery alone isn’t going to fix weight loss. You need treatment, therapy and multiple professionals to lose weight at that extreme.

3 Likes

I think the world record was like 1200 pounds or something

2 Likes

1 Like

It really depends on your genetics, hormones, medication profile, etc…different people may have different upper weight limits. Theoretically you can gain weight until your organs are crushed by your own weight and you die but that is an extreme scenario.

1 Like

If you have wild hunger pangs and eat unhealthy, your weight will increase more. But there is a limit, even if you don’t exercise. I hope you find a way to improve negative symptoms, then you can start exercising.

1 Like