Gaining weight on invega sustenna

I am concerned I gained 15 lbs in a month. Should I ask if I should quit it? I am concerned about my health.

1 Like

You can lose weight. Just takes work. I am on Invega 234 up from 156 and gained at first then got determined to lose. By cutting how much I eat and walking each day the weight is coming off.

1 Like

maybe a different med. I was concerned about developing heart disease long term. im still on it, but I calorie restrict to keep my weight down.

1 Like

I haven’t been eating more than my usual. My nurse practitioner said you gain at first but you stabilize and can start losing weight but I’m unsure.

1 Like

Yeah I’m worried about metabolic problems

1 Like

I’ve been losing for 2 months. Have been taking the shot for 6. I can’t eat normal amounts has to be a lot less or I gain.

2 Likes

yeah my metabolism is way slow on this stuff. I can’t eat like I used to.

1 Like

Damn that sucks. I only been on the shot for a month.

Tbh I am going to discontinue the shot if nothing happens this time. It didn’t take care of my symptoms. Had to use risperdone pills too.

I might ask to discontinue it because I have also had mood symptoms for the past month.

I have some side effects but nothing huge. The weight gain is annoying. It can come off though.

1 Like

Yeah I hope the shot works though because I was better off with the pills.