Gabapentin withdrawal

Can gabapentin withdrawal cause vomiting? I’m trying to figure out whether I am going through that or just coming down with yet another bug.

And don’t worry, I’m coming off gabapentin with approval of my doctor.

I don’t know specifically about vomiting but I jonesed so bad coming off gabapentin. Was worse than coming off diazepam

1 Like

It can make you really sick. I had to come off of it and I was feeling so worn out because of that.

I hope your body is being kind to you today :heart:

1 Like

Yeah I think I have the stomach flu. No fun. I just got over bronchitis last week. Being a new parent is hard on the immune system. Still can’t keep down even one sip of water.

Well I hope you get some relief soon :koala::koala::koala:

1 Like

I was never weened off, we just stopped it cause it had no effects on me. I was on 900mg 4x a day the max dosage for about a year. So I don’t know if that’s from weening off. I’m gonna say you got the stomach bug, can you take soft chew tums/rolaids? Those help a lot and I had good luck keeping them down even when zofran and whatever the other anti nausea med was. If you suck on it and like use your tongue to manipulate it, your stomach may say it’ll keep it. Just a weird tip I learned from my last pregnancy where day of conception to labor day I puked everything, lol.

1 Like

Ugh, now I’ve missed two doses of my geodon. I called my doctor’s after hours line and left a message, but does anyone know anything about injectable Geodon? Might have to go in for it if I don’t get better soon.

Have you missed the geodon doses because of your gastric flu?

Yeah I threw up my pills.

1 Like

Yeah that is tricky. I am not sure what to advise beyond your good judgement to phone the out of hours line.

You might even want to consider the ER if this continues

1 Like

I will need the ER anyways if this continues through the night, just to get IV fluids. Every time I try to take a sip of water, I throw up more than I drank.

1 Like

Yeah you are looking at IV fluids for sure if that continues

1 Like

It’s always so hard for the ER docs to get my veins

1 Like

I have podgy arms but luckily my veins are pretty big so they have no problems getting them

1 Like

I’m jealous. I have a blood disorder so my veins suck.

1 Like

Poor Starlet has an essay to write tonight and I am in no state to help him. He thinks I’m sick because he causes stress in my life. He blames himself for everything.

Oh ok. That sucks.

Did you know in Edinburgh a lot of public toilets have UV lights in all the stalls. Apparently you can’t see veins under UV light so this was done to prevent heroin use

1 Like

That’s clever

1 Like

Have you noticed any withdrawals from the gabapentin yet. Stupid as it sounds but your tummy bug may distract you from the jonesing

1 Like

I have a splitting headache, but no mood symptoms today.

1 Like