Feeling uncomfortable in my own skin

I had to go for this appointment today and was walking My way there . Anyway, there was a guy trimming the leaves and he moved them out of my way , said “sorry, Gorgeous” … erm it doesn’t feel like an appropriate thing to say , Just felt uncomfortable :persevere: i wish I felt pretty. I’m not size zero, and I’m overweight … that doesn’t bother me though. What bothers me is I don’t feel attractive and comfortable in my own skin.

1 Like

Sometimes someone txts "that looks soo good!"
And I see “that looks bad. I added the extra o because I had nothing else to say.” :joy:
Like just accept any compliment no matter what it is.

Also, it does make me feel soo weird too…
When I was at the hospital a month or so ago every girl there said I was cute. It was so uncomfortable I finally told every one I was gay

no lie I’ve seen your selfies and youre totally on fleek Ishmael :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s sweet … it’s a feeling I’m not able to shake. Like I feel very “plain” Perhaps wearing make up will help

2 Likes

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

2 Likes

Work out and you’ll feel better. Not because you need it but because working out makes you feel good

2 Likes

I’m going to be honest here. Call it lazy if you will , but I have zero motivation. I tried working out two weeks back , can’t seem to stick to it

1 Like

Beauty is in every size, shape, color and creed…and within as well.
Maybe you’re not comfortable with yourself yet @anon80629714, maybe you have your own idea of what you should look like, but it’s obvious to everyone else you are beautiful, inside and out.

It’s funny a lot of folks have said that they never thought much of their looks until they got older and looked back on some photos of themselves, and thought, I looked pretty good back then.

3 Likes

It might have been inappropriate but I think that guy was being sincere. He didn’t want to sleep with you he just wanted to give a gorgeous woman a complement. (actually, on one hand he probably did want to sleep with you just as any guy wants to sleep with a pretty woman.) But guys know when they have a shot or not, he might have just been flirting.

Hmmm, I wish you felt pretty for your own sake. Because you are. And it would make life a lot easier for you if you see what a million guys on the planet see when you walk by. They see a pretty girl.
You are attractive, just accept it.

2 Likes

My problem is that I feel too attractive. I just look like the arch typical white male that has been getting an unfair share of self esteem. People slight me for not building them up enough. I’m supposed to understand. I am supposed to “get it”. There is this guy who lives in our “independent living program” with me. He gets $20.00 a week more than me. He hasn’t worked any. No one at our assisted living center has really worked. But I’m supposed to “get it”. I’m supposed to understand. My food stamps have been drastically cut. People give things away that I could use to people who don’t want them - things like coffee and whatnot. I’ve given tons of coffee away when I had it. But they don’t return the favor because I don’t butter them up enough. People have sexual expectations of me that I find utterly repugnant. They say that when the whole wants you to do something you should do it. To which I say, the whole world is supposed to live by the rule of law. They have violated so many of my most basic rights, but I’m supposed to understand. They can take their expectations and shove them up their ass. In reality, my self esteem is at rock bottom.

3 Likes

expectations are so annoying when they relate to appearance
It’s why I’ve never had any friends
They all think I’m just like them
But I have beaten the system.
I am immune.

1 Like

What @77nick77 said to @anon80629714 is really true, and I need to apply it to my own life. As people with schizophrenia, we can have rather rigid rules compared to the rest of human society. We should feel lucky that we live in the times that we do where a gorgeous woman can wear a string bikini to the beach, and not get jumped, for example. Not like the Victorian and even the Georgian eras, where a lot of married couples wouldn’t even sleep in the same bedroom together!

1 Like

The price of true independence is high. I’ve taken political positions that kept me apart from the people who would have been my peers if I hadn’t taken those positions. That kind of independence can make for a lonely life.

2 Likes

Politics, religion, you name it.
I swear people look for excuses to divide
Could be worse, tho
I left my parents cult at 12-13
I haven’t had friends since, as they’re not alowed to talk to me any more
And I’m not allowed to associate with the world