Schizophrenia.com

Feeling life isn’t meaningful

I kind of want to bang my head against the wall. I’m having breakthrough positive symptoms. Also the Klonopin is making me feel dead inside and I gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I don’t think I should tutor during the school day anymore because I tire really easily. I’m part of 6 different support groups and still feel like I’m running in circles. I feel dead inside. Before my illness I used to like movies, but right now I see them as a waste of time. I see everything as a waste of time. All that makes me happy is getting a cup of bubble tea and sitting in the sun for a bit. What I’d like to do the most right now is take a long nap and hope I wake up cheerful tomorrow.

5 Likes

I’m struggling with meaning too. Keep enjoy the little things. Your bubble tea. Maybe it’ll branch off to other interests and joys eventually.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re feeling so blah. I think getting off the Klonopin, maybe switching to something that doesn’t last so long? I feel you in not wanting to watch movies. I used to go to the movies allllll the time when I was on abilify, but once I switched meds, I just can’t anymore. Even watching a ten minute episode of something is hard. I just have no interest in anything except getting coffee And sitting at the coffee shop for awhile.

I’m sorry. I lost track of what I was saying. I hope any of that makes sense. I can’t seem to understand it right now.

1 Like

I agree that it’s hard to find anything meaningful. I keep trying to do new things and find new hobbies but nothing interests me and I feel like my life is a vacuum and I’m just a dustball on the floor getting sucked into nothingness.

1 Like

As long as I got gas in my car and a soda in my hand and the weather is nice, I don’t give a sh it whether there’s a meaning to life or not.

2 Likes

My life is meaningful because I pray and volunteer.

2 Likes

My life has no meaning. I just sit around online all day and do nothing.

1 Like

No way I could handle just sitting on the computer all day. Sounds brutal. Could you at least go out for a walk or attend a support group or something?

I go for walks sometimes.

1 Like

Yeah, I am trying to cut down on time I spend wandering the net by signing up for an online class. Might try doing some art again. Maybe join a clubhouse?

Sounds like your overloaded with to much stuff. Maybe if you cut some of that back you might find your joy and happiness again.