Depression

Feeling depressed and hopeless about my life. I want to cry but theres no tears to be shed. I’m grateful for all I have and I have to keep reminding myself that I’m lucky things could be worse. But I am bored most of the time and i dont even think work can cure it i think it’s me and this depression that i have. I feel my brain shifting and constantly searching for stimulation and I cant get enough of it. When i was real psychotic and hearing things all the time i think that void was kind of filled now voices are down to almost not there and I dont know. Running use to give me a high and now it’s not the same still searching for it. I feel my brain is dying on me but at least voices arent bad it’s just paranoid thoughts. Ugh

5 Likes

Don’t get too down on your self, its not permanent the feeling of not feeling euphoria. You need to give your medicine time to work. If I could, I’d go back and not constantly go off my meds cause I think I got brain damage. It’s hopefully not permanent. I HATE taking Klonopin, pdoc says I need it. Boy, it’s taking so much strength staying on it!

2 Likes

I’m trying not to get to down I keep telling myself it will pass and I will feel better keep trying to look at the positive of life

3 Likes

I’m doing that too, it’s not permanent

Sleepy, I’m sorry you are going through this. Gratitude helps, but it’s still hard. I hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

@Sleepy
I’m sooo sorry you are struggling! It’s absolutely terrible, I know! I understand the boredom. I deal with and dealt with that, too, soon after my voices stopped with meds. But I can tell you, that my time is slowly getting filled with wonderful, beautiful things I couldn’t do when hallucinating.

Do you work or volunteer? Do you have support?

I’m going through the same thing right now and it’s a real pain in the drain but we gotta keep moving forward yknow?

I hope you feel better soon:(
You have any hobbies or distractions? Good friends who might cheer you up?

I’m sorry you’re so depressed. Can you volunteer in something meaningful to you? It would help both lack of stimulation and depression.

Try to think more about the good, find some hobby that will help to relax from life. In an extreme case, take a session with a psychiatrist, talk to him

I want to volunteer right now I can’t because I have kids. But eventually when they go back to school I will get into it.

1 Like

I can understand boredom with kids, too. If you’re just watching them do an activity, that can feel boring…but it means the world to them!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.