Facebook making me crazy(er)

I can’t stand to look at Facebook. I wasn’t always this way. I used to be just like everybody else.
I was a “regular” guy. If I had not gotten sick with psychosis I might have died from a drug overdose.
(I had a serious drug addiction). But instead I feel that God gave me a second chance only now on his terms. It burns me up to look at Facebook and see some of the jokers out there that are too stupid to be much good for anything. I feel like this is my punishment for having done drugs… Facebook!
Having to see everyone else’s highlight reels while I’m struggling to make it to a damn therapy session and fighting my doctor to lower the meds!
■■■■ my life

4 Likes

Facebook is the place where you get to meet everyone you’ve purposely ignored your whole life…all on the same page!

4 Likes

That’s ■■■■■■ awesome! See my instincts are off for even having a page. I guess I could blame my illness for making me do that.

People almost never put their real lives on Facebook. It’s their idealized self.

3 Likes

its depressing whatever it is.

I spent 6 months (when I first got sick from June 2015 to December 2016) posting these ridiculously psychotic posts about how I am the Queen of the World and the Savior and all them jealous bitches can kiss my ass. I posted once or even twice a day. To be fair, I also posted about world peace and forgiveness etc.

Suffice it to say, I was totally nutter butters. You’re right when you say people don’t post their real life, lol. I certainly didn’t. Since then, I rarely go on Facebook. I am very paranoid even to check my email.

1 Like

I’m so glad I’m not on any social media.

3 Likes

I’m with you there. f*** my life too and screw Facebook. You know this is the only place I swear ?

2 Likes

I once tried Facebook, did not like it, this forum is the only social media I use …

3 Likes

Every time I come out of an episode (into depression mostly ) I delete my account. Every time I enter an episode I open an account. The cycle is driving me crazy but lets not mention how it irritates others. My brother said keep one account as he can’t keep up anymore.

1 Like

I often post about my mental state and scarcely paint an idealised picture of myself.

When I once used Facebook, I posted Youtube music there, I had just 2-3 friends, so I stopped it, it was not for me …

1 Like

I’ve closed my account a few times then reopen it, finally I closed my old one and opened a new one, I don’t really add anyone, just have pages I like on it

Smart move. All the best and most genuine folks are on here anyway.

I had one with all my friends. But recently I unfriended everyone one, changed my name and just follow stuff like buzz feed. Best thing I have done in a while.

1 Like

Get rid of facebook MG, life is better without it.

Although I was thinking of making an incognito facebook so I can sign up to see events that are happening around my area and in the city since facebook is the only way these things are advertised now.

1 Like

you can keep the same account and still choose to deactivate it, and log back in again. but while it’s deactivated you cannot be found.

1 Like

I can’t stand it, it’s a load of rubbish and I agree people post their idealised self, Its good because I’ve reconnected with my dads family but I hate how it makes me feel. I feel I’m the one making the effort all the time when no one even pays attention to my account, so I stopped posting and I keep an eye on family but other than that it makes me feel useless and I think poeple use it to get at me because they know

I had to find out that hard way that I am too paranoid and frustrated with the way my illness has changed things for me to use Facebook. I got rid of my account a long time ago. I don’t know how anyone uses it; it was causing me a lot of stress.

I know how to deactivate @eyeofRa but I seem to think I won’t need it