Erotomania

“A delusion in which a person (typically a woman) believes that another person (typically of higher social status) is in love with them”

Who’s psychosis was started because of erotomania?

2 Likes

I had erotomania while delusional that my ex fiancee’ of years before was waiting for me to come out of a coma…it was euphoric at first but I was ill for seven months before stabilizing and it was so sad to me when I found out it was just my brain lying to me.

2 Likes

I had a fair bit of erotomania during my main psychosis. I would focus on women who I didn’t even speak too. I’m glad I got over that.

2 Likes

I was more in the opposite… Way too much… Never believed that anybody could fall in love with me. But I had other kind of manias…

2 Likes

Well I’m not a women and I also have it so, maybe it’s not so untypical in men…

My psychosis started with her but even tho it passed more than 6 years from my episode I still hear voices talking about her, it’s the only thing that I have to listen to, unfortunately…

It’s horrible to find new relationships, I want to love somebody as I want to feel loved. Last time I had that luck it took me one more day to kiss the girl that I wanted, mainly because my voices were stopping me from doing so. I also had other episodes before listening to voices that they were trying to stop me from having a relationship. It’s a horrible delusion…

2 Likes

I don’t suffer from erotomania but can I be the other person?

5 Likes

@77nick77
First time I laughed since Sunday, June 30! I needed that! Thanks!

2 Likes

Great! You know I always aim to please!

2 Likes

I think I had erotomania that started my psychosis. My boyfriend’s brother in law kept staring at me for a few years and I would hear his voice while he would look at me. I would constantly think he was in love with me. Because his voice kept saying it. I even thought I had a doctor that I thought liked me. I think both these things triggered me to have a psychotic break.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.