Erotomania?!

can some people tell me their experience with erotomania so I can have some understanding in identifying my symptoms?

I was CONVINCED he loved me. Nothing could prove me wrong. I became obsessed, collected pictures of him (put countless photos on my wall/ceiling), followed him around everywhere he went…

That’s erotomania.

1 Like

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/im-an-erotomaniac/65225/20

1 Like

As I’ve posted before, the woman my psychosis made me believe her voice was in my head maybe actually liked me.

1 Like

I believed when I was ill that my old fiancee from seven years before at the time was holding my hand while I was comatose and communicated with her daily by talking to the scientists that were in charge of my virtual world I was trapped in. It was a love I will never forget…tears of joy, laughter about being so loved.

1 Like

I guess it is different for everybody… each case

My dad and my sister bullied me into masturbating so that I would have something to do to feel better besides talking to them for support and I did it a lot for a while.

maybe you are hormonal and need your desires to be fulfilled

Stalking thinks he loves you delusional false memories checking his facebook page or other things online thinking that he is with you spiritualy etc basically false feelings and delusions a serious state of deception.

could be but I never stalked anybody during my psychosis… I just misinterpreted everything in my mind and had gradoise… now I stalk some people for fun not in a dangerous way and not obsessively… just a couple times a week to see what they are up to. (what he is up to) I like him a lot but can not decide what is the reason… it could just be my mental illness. I like everything about him,. even the flaws… some sort of comfort too with a complete stranger… don’t you think it’s weird?!

the first time my erotomania was intertwined with a big grandiose story… I didn’t even like the guy but I thought I should propose to him and almost got on one knee in public… thank god it did not happen but I did experience extreme humiliation.

1 Like

When I was at my most ill, in hospital for the first time, I thought occult forces wanted me to marry another patient. I thought we were communicating telepathically. But it felt more like an arranged marriage.

1 Like