Dropping dose

I’m on Clozapine and got the results from my blood test back. My white blood cell count was very high and my platelets were low. I take 200mg of Clozapine in the morning and 300mg at night. But given my results they are stopping my morning dose. This has me worried because last time they reduced my dose, I didn’t do the best. Wish me luck. :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:

7 Likes

Oh geez. Here’s hoping for the best. :sunny:

2 Likes

@GrayBear
That’s so hard!! Will they add anything else in for a morning dose? Do you have regular appointments booked for monitoring?

3 Likes

All the best to you @GrayBear!

2 Likes

They have not mentioned anything about a replacement yet.

1 Like

@GrayBear
Keep us posted!

2 Likes

I hope all goes well quickly. Med changes usually suck but hopefully they figure out what to do to keep you stable.

2 Likes

That’s frustrating! I hope they find the right med/combo of meds for you soon. I’m having a heck of a time finding the right treatment so I get the frustration. Good luck to you!

2 Likes

Good luck! It might help to keep a symptom journal of everything you experience during this med change.

2 Likes

That is tough! I hope you will be well. Good luck.

Perhaps ask if there is anything to take prn if you feel real bad? I use extra haldol in such cases, just for a few days. In the past i also used an anti anxiety med for it, but i now want to stay of benzos. Haldol prn keeps me out of the ward though.

I love the idea of a journal. And are there people who know you well who can chat with you and keep an eye on you?

2 Likes

They gave me lorazepam. :rabbit2::rabbit2::rabbit2:

2 Likes

Good. Dont get addicted though (it sucks).

2 Likes

Good luck, hope it all works out!!

2 Likes