Does your pdoc share personal info with you?

My last psychiatrist was more open with me.
She told me some things about her family and where she studied, etc.

My current psychiatrist is pretty tight lipped when it comes to her personal life.
She is pretty business like.

That’s understandable.

Does your psychiatrist share personal info with you?

6 Likes

My doctor is pretty cool guy. He has star wars and Harry potter stuff in his office and used to play Diablo 2 on pc like me. He doesn’t talk about his personal life it’s just about me.

4 Likes

She never talks about herself. But if I ask a question she has shared so far. But I haven’t asked to much personal questions

3 Likes

My pdocs have never shared personal info.

3 Likes

My last male pdoc shared way to much personal info with me, almost like he was trying to prove something.
I didn’t like him much.

3 Likes

No. I asked something once and he politely told me that this was my time not his.

3 Likes

My pdoc doesn’t share any personal information with me but our sessions are pretty relaxed. I pretty much dictate how our sessions go and he tells me he’ll never make me take a medication that I didn’t agree to and all changes I approve before he makes them. Makes me feel like I have some control of what’s going on.

4 Likes

Yea he has shared personal info with me but it was about like stuff that almost anybody would feel comfortable sharing like his place of study and where hes from (somewhere in india i forgot) but i talk more buddy buddy with one of the doctors who takes practice in the study im in. Hes heard some of my music and i know alittle about his family. Sort of like mentor

2 Likes

I had a doctor that used personal stories to make a point. I miss talking to doctors, they were some good conversations.

He was also into magic the gathering, doing tournaments and all that. Seemed like a cool guy.

3 Likes

Nope mine is very professional she doesn’t share any personal info.

But she is nice and compassionate

3 Likes

No never! But I listened some details while she talks at the phone

1 Like

my current therapist sometimes shares personal information to lighten up our sessions.
pretty nice dude.
i like our bond!

3 Likes

All my Pdocs at the public mental health service never shared their personal info with me. However the Pdoc at the private mental health clinic was very friendly. He chatted with me about his family.

2 Likes

Never was interested in their personal lives haha

1 Like

I think she did a very little bit. The sort of thing you might talk about in a very casual conversation.

2 Likes

I know she has a snake phobia and has a 28 year old son, that’s it. I’ve never asked her anything. I think she told me about the snake thing to try to relate to me better about my agoraphobia because I kept saying she didn’t understand. And the thing with her son is when I complained about my Obamacare premium going up, she said her son’s family was being raised to $2,500 a month for four people. Nothing too personal.

2 Likes

My doctor doesn’t say much. But i don’t say much about my life either. We talk about symptoms and that’s about it.

1 Like

My pdoc said she had a bladder problem like me but I didn’t believe her. She once told me I wouldn’t have a facial twitch and I did

1 Like

I am not going to be even in the room tomorrow. When the pdoc comes to get me, he can go to his office with my mother and decide amongst themselves what to do.

I don’t ■■■■■■■ care any more, and if I go into that appointment I will probably not behave respectfully.

2 Likes

She’s mentioned having a daughter before, but we usually just talk about me. My therapist on the other hand is always telling stories about herself and sometimes other patients.

1 Like