Does your pdoc share personal info with you?

Both my former pdoc and my present pdoc shared personal info. with me. My former pdoc shared with me that he missed the Indian food from India that he grew up with. He told me that his best friend went into veterinary medicine and now takes care of farm animals. He told me that he writes medical textbooks and teaches psychiatric medicine at a university. He personally taught me how to meditate and he divulged to me his mantra. He wrote me a goodbye letter when he retired.

My present pdoc told me that he took a vacation to Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health too. He said that we are both Kripalu graduates. He told me that he used to study piano too. He told me that he is too busy now to take much time to practice. When I told him that I wanted to move out of the senior living center due to finances, he told me that “You never see a luggage rack on a hearst”.

1 Like

I know what you mean from prior experiences, Fade. My mother is a dominating person, and I got little input into my treatment for many years. But don’t be disrespectful. If necessary find someone that’s on your side like a GOOD social worker. Or say “I Feel…” It’s ok to speak up for yourself, but don’t be disrepectful. Don’t cite her behavior as maltreatment, focus on how it makes you feel.

1 Like

@TheNicestFreak I did end up going in. I stayed for two mins and I just quickly explained how things are from my perspective, then I said sorry I am going now, shook his hand so no bad feeling, and then went outside. Not sure what they spent 30 mins talking about…

Sorry to hear that. It must have been frustrating. I was happy for them to decide amongst themselves as i was angry. I get sick of the constant changes in meds. I think my doses are going too high again, but I don’t get listened to when I try to explain things are not that bad and people shouldn’t worry.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am supposed to see my case worker on Friday, she is a social worker. I will ask her.

2 Likes

My pdoc shares a tiny bit of personal information, but my counselor shares a little bit more personal information. She said to me that she is married and has a son who plays the drums like I do. We talk about the beach and she said she goes to the beach also.

1 Like

Yeah, my therapist shares a bit more personal info about herself but not by much.

1 Like

Not really, but I don’t ask. He listens to me about what kind of meds I’d prefer which is good

1 Like

Pdocs no but therapists have varied some talk about their lives some don’t

1 Like

they keep tab’s on me and all that normal sh*t I do is written off as schizophrenia illness. funny…my pdoc hasn’t the time to hash that stuff over, he just like to now if the side fact have taken over or the med do anything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.