Does tv not seem as entertaining to you after your schiz diagnoses?

I still watch tv just not as much as I did before I got sick. I guess I don’t enjoy it as much.

9 Likes

Um idk, I always loved losing myself in a tv show or movie bc then I didn’t think about my issues it was just the world on the tv screen. BUT now on certain meds it really sucks, I just stare uncomfortably at the screen and there’s no awe or wonder just flat observing. I can barely enjoy tv or movies anymore because of that. Do u know what I mean?

3 Likes

Yes I do know what you mean.

2 Likes

it depends on what it is. i like music shows and the baseball game, the news is a trip when I’m off meds as i get messages from it. i kinda like late night talk shows and some adult swim cartoons as well. but regular sitcoms and movies don’t do much for me.

1 Like

Yea dude, there’s like a threshold of interest I have that I need to have met in order to sit thru an hour or more of a show. I can binge watch game of thrones or mr: robot but if it’s an episode of friends I’d rather kill my self. I can handle the news if I’m bored but that’s basically it…

3 Likes

I always know what will happen. except the news. cant predict that. even the normals are unpredictable there.

No. I dont care for it much, but I am thinking it maybe my age and the amount of tv I already watched in my life.

How many times can they re-write the same old sitcom scripts but for a different show with a diffetent cast?

2 Likes

Yes, after I came down with sza, I didn’t enjoy T.V. very much because I developed all of these “delusions” about it. Same goes for the movies. I think that the media is effectively controlling the thoughts and actions of the population of the world, it’s politics, it’s religious beliefs and it’s behavior in general. And the populace is totally unaware of this. It is so obvious to me that it makes me very angry to watch T.V. or movies. So, I don’t.

2 Likes

I don’t watch TV with the sound on because I have a thought broadcasting delusion, where it feels like the TV personalities are commenting on things that I think, periodically. I’ve had full-blown conversations a few times too. Now I don’t want to risk it so I keep the sound off.

It only happens with live TV.

2 Likes

Tv just seems so unappealing. I don’t care much for it. Other than quick glances at my kids or husbands show and watching a movie with him two weeks ago which I got up from a lot I can’t remember the last time I sat for a show.

4 Likes

I like movies but it can take me a day or three to get through a two hour movie. I wish I could read again though. I used to love that.

4 Likes

Yeah that is something I didn’t even notice but yeah.

1 Like

I ve lost interest in most tv

3 Likes

Yes you r right

1 Like

After my diagnosis I started watching TV. Stupid TV. There’s nothing interesting in it.

2 Likes

I’m tired of TV and many things in life.

2 Likes

I only like watching sports now and I don’t even like that as much as I used to

2 Likes

I watch it but my hearing is going so between drifting off and not hearing what some are saying, it’s a loss cause

1 Like

i been watching movies lately. still haven’t gotten back to reading.

2 Likes

Yea I can’t sit still and calmly enough to read but I can handle audiobooks, it’s somehow easy to do at night when I close my eyes. It’s something I now do every night

1 Like

same thing with me . I only watch sports on tv sometimes I don’t really care about all the other tv shows