Does the TV bother you now?

I use to watch a lot of TV when I was younger, and I never heard voices or struggled and sometimes I wish I could experience that again. After diagnosis, I would usually shut the TV off because it really bothered me. It just wasn’t the same, and I felt evil presence. And sometimes the people on the TV would actually speak to me. When. I went to theatre to see Thor when it first came out. I was so afraid, because it was very loud. Also I couldn’t even see kungfu panda 2 because it literally was evil to me.
Now I can see TV and enjoy, but the thing that bothers me now is when I am in my room and my parents are watching TV in living room. I hear demons speaking through TV, sometimes it’s better sometimes not. So I usually either put earphones or just come sit in living room because when I sit near TV I don’t hear voices as much. Only when I’m far away.
So I wanted to ask if anyone else struggles with this, even on medication?

1 Like

I have the same problem when i relapse. For me it’s not an evil presence though.

My tv sometimes has code coming through it.

What do you mean?

I used to have problems like these back when I was unmedicated. But since I’ve been on medicine, I no longer have any problems with the TV.

1 Like

The only problem I have with tv is myself. Why am i paying money to watch commercials?:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I definitely get feelings that tv programming and commentary is targeted towards me most times I watch tv. Not in an evil or sinister way actually on the contrary almost like they’re trying to guide me on a journey or as if to comfort me sometimes to voice their opinion on an opinion or thought I just had just a very strangely singled out targeted experience. At times even hear my own name responses directed directly toward me.

Basic cable programming can be a different story. I don’t watch much of it but at times it makes me quite queasy and uncomfortable rigorous screening and guilt trip programming aimed at provoking negative vibes and guilt about certain beliefs or opinions even once held but not current. It’s not all bad tho just from time to time

In the Spring of 1975, my psychiatrist took me off all medicine.

In the Summer of 1975, my parents took me to the closest Connecticut State Hospital where I was admitted rather against my will.

In those days, they had TV therapy for patients. That is, if you were well enough, you sat on sofas and chairs in the day room and watched TV.

Suddenly the announcer on TV turned directly to me and said, “Jayster is a bad person.” That was disturbing for me, so I said to the next mental patient sitting next to me, “Did you see that?” He got testy and said, “Of course I saw that. Whadya think of me anyway?”

It is part of the disease.

Jayster

It used to sometimes when i was full psychotic. I thought stuff was happening on a global scale because i said it.

I dont watch much tv anymore, i usually watch everything on the computer now. Sometimes i watch the weather or the simpsons when im bored and want to relax on the couch.

Well I used to think they were talking about me on TV. They could see me through the TV screen and talk to me. Now I’m just not nearly as entertained by the TV like I used to be. I just dont watch that much.

I don’t watch a lot of T.V. anymore, mostly because I use adblockers and can’t go back to being metered out content only to be interrupted by ads.

I watch tv in the evening it makes me sleepy slowly. Sometimes in the afternoon listening music channels when im bored and have nothing to do. I think TV calms me down idk how this is even possible.

My relationship with the TV has been a varying on. When mentally well, i have an ongoing suspicion about the TV. When unwell, i think that the tv has a microphone in it and it is recording everything i do and say. People are able to see me through the tv and watch what i do. To taught me, they would show something on the tv that is related to what i had just been talking about. At the moment, i’m in the suspicion phase. I don’t always feel comfortable around the tv, but i can sit down and watch something.

1 Like

I feel exactly the same way sometimes. Like the are people behind the TV like a hidden camera show that I am on like a 7 eleven. Especially television shows with laugh track trigger my delusion

The TV only bothered me when I was really psychotic my first one or two years with the illness. It doesn’t bother me anymore in the least, I usually have it on for distraction. I find it helps keep the voices away.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.