Does exercise really help with this?

–tiredness? I am always sleepy all day and flounder around my apartment. One or two days I have had perfect sleep and didn’t know what to do the next day. I get out for the minimum amount of exercise and I’m 85 lbs overweight. Will things ever change? My voices seem real. But they don’t seem that real and the content of conversation is limited.

I stop ruminating when I get out for a half hour walk. That is a very good thing!

5 Likes

Great! And yes, exercise gives a boost of energy. When you first start out it might make you tired. But if you keep it up it’ll start becoming invigorating

4 Likes

I don’t eat a lot, I can’t because of throat constriction but cookies always go down easy and without liquid.

1 Like

Last time I had a good workout my symptoms peaked and I was very paranoid. I’m not sure if it metabolizes the med faster or something but I have been scared to workout for the past year. Maybe something other than intense workout like walking instead of jogging would help but I haven’t worked out since.

@nicGeorge , I get paranoid at the gym but it’s not from the exercise. It’s from the people. Maybe you exercise at home though and that doesn’t apply. I’ve never heard of exercising causing sz symptoms though.

1 Like

@CoCo i did high intensity interval workouts at home for 5 days then went to the gym and jogged and lifted weights for a couple of days. It wasn’t until later that day that my paranoia peaked and felt bad for the next couple of days without any reason. I attributed it to working out. Now I’ve been lethargic for the past 3 months and haven’t wanted to workout regardless. I’m not losing any weight as a result and it’s depressing.

1 Like

Exercise gives a temporary boost for sure. How long the boost lasts depends.

1 Like

Sounds like you over did it. If you do moderate exercise like a walk in the park for 20 mins, that is better.

2 Likes

Hmmm. That’s unusual. Can you discuss the response your body had with your dr? I’m hoping you can still exercise at least lightly. Think walking and things like light weight training or bike riding etc

1 Like

I can try walking. I have to get a gym membership though as I live in the snow belt in USA. Winter is nearly here and we just got a foot of snow last night.

2 Likes

I’m in Michigan so I get that. I have a gym membership. Walking would probably be a really good thing to do @nicGeorge . Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.