Does anyone take Geodon?

What are your side effects? Does it work well?

2 Likes

I tried it. It made me feel like I was dying. Absolute worst medicine ever, for me…

I’m on Haldol now 10 years.

1 Like

I’ve been on it nearly six years. It’s like a miracle for me. Almost zero side effects, and I haven’t hallucinated in almost three years!

@crimby and @TomCat are also on it, and @shutterbug used it for ten years, I believe.

2 Likes

@Ninjastar any weight gain? That’s kinda my main concern I haven’t felt any other side effects.

I lost 40 lbs when I switched to Geodon.

1 Like

I was on geodon for a while. Did wonders on my symptoms, I was nearly voice free on it. Lost a few pounds on it. My liver just couldn’t handle it, started getting pains, but that’s a very rare side effect.

If it weren’t for the side effect, I’d still be on it.

1 Like

@shutterbug are you not on geodon anymore?

Yup, still am. 10mg with morning meal (toast) and 10mg with evening meal. Also Amyloban 3399, no positive symptoms. I was taking 40mg morning and another 40mg in the evening before adding the supplement. Geodon is weight neutral near as I can tell. My lack of activity and fondness for good foods are the cause of the weight issues, it would be unfair to blame the pills.

3 Likes

I’m eating right and exercising everyday.
And I’m on the highest dose of Geodon.

Interested in this med

i’ve been on geodon for about a week, and the only side effects i’ve had are drowsiness and some anxiety

I’m on 240 mg of Geodon a day. I love it. It makes me sleepy and it helps with the psychosis.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve heard other people say the same thing.

1 Like

Are you still on geodon? Can you concentrate at school?

i am, i’m on 40mg and i’ve had no problems with concentration

1 Like

Glad to hear that. Does it stop your voice? Any side effect? Maybe I should try it next.

so far i haven’t had any severe side effects. i was sleepy the first fews days of taking it, but now i have basically no side effects. that being said, i haven’t had much symptom improvement either

2 Likes

Hey! I actually started taking geodon again for the past 5 weeks. I agree that it doesn’t seem to be helping with every symptom I have. Yet they say you need to give it at least 2 to 3 months for the effects to really build up. As for me, I’ve been on too many meds that I think this one is the only one I will stay on. It is fairly priced at the pharmacy, it is weight neutral, some of my symptoms are clearing up, and I have no side effects from it so far.

1 Like

What symptoms does it clear up?

I once asked my psychiatrist about Geodon, but she said it’s nowhere near strong enough for me. I was curious about it as an addition to the Abilify shots, but instead she added 5 mg Haldol twice a day. The Haldol is quite helpful. It takes a lot of medication to treat me. Besides the Abilify shots and Haldol tablets I have to take two antidepressants at high doses to keep me from killing myself, a mood stabilizer, and Cogentin (for Haldol side effect).